..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best settings for Star Ocean 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, recently I downloaded the latest version of ps2x2 and i have everything configured so that i can play games. All the games i have run smoothly apart from Star Ocean.
I have the Tri-Ace fix activate to run the game, however that is not the problem, the problem is that the fps runs at a low fps making the game run very slowly and glitchy (generally running anywhere between 40-20fps which makes it fun slow.)
I'll post my computer properties below so i can seek the best settings to have this wonderful game run slowly.

Also sorry for this post I know there are other threads.

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @2.20GHz 2.20Ghz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating system

Ty for the help its much appreciated.
quite simple : get a decent machine.
SO3 is quite demanding, and your cpu is on the slow side.

better keep playing on your PS2 for now
Ok ty for the advice I will be looking for a new machine soon any recommendations as to what type of machine i should get in order to play SO3 and other iso's more smoothly
Basically any new i5 CPU should work well, and on the GPU side look for something along the lines of a GTX 750 (or better) if you want to upscale a lot and want filters and stuff. Ram is quite irrelevant for PCSX2 but get 8GB at least. You could also get an SSD for your OS (and maybe important programs).

Edit: that's the intel/nvidia side. Forgot amd/amd.
I'm uncertain of the CPU but the GPU, I guess an R7 250x would be a cheap solution? If you want more, get an R9 270x or better.
Ty for the advice I'll soon look for those sort of specs for my next laptop Smile
desktop gpu/cpu of the same model series are not the same as laptop verison, general they are alot less power full do to power limits much much lower then on desktops.

i would keep that in mind a 300$ laptop wont get your far,
Thanks for the advice (I use the £ currency so thats like £190 for me) I also had a look at upgrading my processor and i know my laptop is compatiable for an upgrade and sort cpu rating i should be looking for to run So3 smoothly
Try using the MTVU hack. It should improve your fps by 10 frames a second.
(09-25-2015, 04:57 AM)NathanLoiselle Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the MTVU hack.  It should improve your fps by 10 frames a second.
No...... it really won't. MTVU hack actually won't do a thing for his CPU since he only has a dual-core CPU in the first place.