..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory cards not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi my memory cards dont work in recent builds, and bios says "no data" They did work before.
Are they still working in older versions right now? Possibly a folder misconfiguration in the new versions? (aka, maybe your older versions were reading from the root pcsx2 folder, while the new versions are set to read from X:\Users\X\Documents\PCSX2 folder.)
Somethings up, they show in memory card manager, I tried unmounting MC1 and remounting it and still nothing then downloaded older version and copied memcard folder over, and MC1 is now corrupted/shows as unformatted and MC2 worked on older version.

So I wonder whats wrong, so in short they dont show on newer versions and older versions work unless you eject them in mem card manager which seems to corrupt them.
Can you show us some screenshots of the memory card manager, maybe in the old and a new build?
Not sure if this is related but on the latest GIT build the memory cards weren't working either. In-game it would say that there was no memory card and in the PS2 boot screen they didn't show either.

In the MemoryCard Manager the path was like normal: pcsx2-v1.3.1-794-g107a96c-windows-x86\memcards

All i did was click browse and click on the same memcards folder and it suddenly worked.
I can confirm what was stated above works, I had to browse then click on the same foldder and apply/ok it.
Wut.

Let me get the latest version and test it as well.

[Edit]

Yup. There's something going on with Memory Cards.

[Image: pcsx2%202015-07-25%2020-35-08-320.png]

Code:
McdSlot 0 [File]: [is not memcard file]
McdSlot 1 [File]: F:\Users\Ryudo\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
McdSlot 0: [Folder] [is file, should be folder]
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v02.30(20/02/2008)  Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.86;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
found 0 symbols
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_213.86;1) Game CRC = 0x045D77E9, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.86;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
McdSlot 0: [Folder] [is file, should be folder]

^Seems to be reading from Folders on its own by default. (Guess it has to do with Curtiss' new system?)

[Edit 2]
It doesn't make sense. After applying the Memory Cards again it works fine. Seems to be some kinda initial config or whatever. I guess it doesn't know what to choose at first.
It's probably something like that, yea.
Follow the other thread about this for updates.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Memory-Ca...-revisions