..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Any help with configurations/preset builds for pcsx2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am relatively new here on the forums and I was wondering what preset builds or configurations can I utilize in order to play my games without any lag or delay? I would prefer the automated builds that people talk about and if its an older build taht would work, I would love any feedback on it.

Thanks everyone who would help me!

(The current computer settings will be located via attachment)

[attachment=56481]
which game do you own ?
I do not have much but that is alright.

I only have Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.

I did have a build before when I first started playing on the pcsx2 that was stable enough to run those games, but, as I redownloaded the stable exe and installed it, it made them run like crap. (Sorry, my english is not that great)
If anybody is wondering, I'm still here.
Any help from anyone would help.
What are FPS, EE%, GS% during slowdowns?
Do you use non-default settings?
Please post the emulog after you observed the problem.
Which version was working nicely so far?
I posted what I found via attachment. This was during in game with Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne when I am in a place called Ginza, the central hub was where I took the picture of the results of what I got. Back then, I usually didn't get 40 frames, I get 50-60 at least. I also copy and pasted the chatlog, and I run with the stable version of 1.2.1 with the default settings.

isoFile open ok: C:\Users\TheOtakuAzn\Downloads\Gaem\PS2 Games\Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (USA)\Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (USA).iso
Image type = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2085072 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\TheOtakuAzn\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\my memory card.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\TheOtakuAzn\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.11;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.11;1) Game CRC = 0xE8FCF8EC, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.11;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
(GameDB) Changing EE/FPU roundmode to 0 [N]
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.

I do not remember the version I used to play the games I wanted because it was such a long time ago, probably 1 year and 4 months to be exact, so it is difficult for me to find out what version I specifically used at the time. That is why when I provided the computer specs, I was hoping for someone to find a build suitable for my pcsx2 using the automated builds we can use or any settings I could input to make the game a little more playable.
Quote:isoFile open ok: C:\Users\TheOtakuAzn\Downloads\Gaem\PS2 Games\Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (USA)\Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (USA).iso
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.