..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS Cap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

So, I recently got a little bit of an upgrade on my system and decided to play MGS3 before MGS5 releases. I set up PCSX2 and everything, but I am having this weird issue - when FPS cap is on, I get like 40-50 FPS, which makes the game run slow and choppy and sound all messed up, but when I remove the FPS cap, it runs just fine, even too fine one might say, considering that it runs at 100-180 FPS, which makes the game considerably faster than it should be. Is there a way to alleviate this problem?

EDIT: forgot to post my specs

3.8 GHz quad-core AMD FX-4300 CPU
NVidia GeForce 460 GTX
4 giglobytes of RAM
64-bit Windows 7 with SP1
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Specs are in previous post.

I'm running PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

Only things I've changed is I've cranked up EE Cycle Scale to 2 and VU cycles to 1, as well as turned on MTVU

Running GSdx 0 (MSCV 18.00 SSE3) in DX11 mode, SPU2-X with interpolation set to 0, Disable Effects Processing, everything else on default or recommended.

I'm running MGS3 Subsistence disc 1 from ISO.
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
care to post the emulog.txt andd your gsdx settings ?
How does the framelimiter behave if you disable vu cycle stealing, MTVU and ee cycle rate hack?

Can you please check clock rates of your CPU en/disabling framelimiter using cpu-z?
Are you playing a euro version of the game?
sounds like abused speedhacks.
It's quite possible that the increase in FPS might only have been for the lower demanding scenes, the demanding ones might still produce the same result as when the framelimiter is disabled.
Do you have msi afterburner? If you do you can limit your framerate in the menu that pops up when you click the little lcd icon in your system tray.
(07-30-2015, 05:31 PM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have msi afterburner? If you do you can limit your framerate in the menu that pops up when you click the little lcd icon in your system tray.

Does this regulate emulation speed as well?
Pages: 1 2