..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: RPG Maker 3 Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For whatever reason, my RPG Maker 3 game runs insanely slow during certain parts of the game. It actually runs perfectly fine when doing the editing portion. However, when I go to play the game I have created, my character and everything else moves very very slowly when going through a town. It seems okay as soon as I enter a building. But as soon as I head outside, everything seems to lag quite a lot. Anyone else have this issue? It makes the game kind of a drag to play through. Would be awesome to find out how to fix this, as I have tried multiple different settings on the emulator and none seem to fix it. 

Thanks in advance for any help!
What are ee and gs values during slowdowns? Do you use nondefault settings? What are your specs?
(08-03-2015, 10:14 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]What are ee and gs values during slowdowns? Do you use nondefault settings? What are your specs?

During the slowdowns, the EE values hover in the 90's (average of about 95) and the GS values flutter from the 60's up to about 75 (average of about 70). I have used default settings before and the slowdowns still occur. I've looked up various videos and tips on settings to fix lags and tried those settings, but to no avail. I'm running Windows 10 with Intel Core i3 Processor and 4 GB of RAM.
Which i3 is it? Sounds like cpu bottleneck.
(08-04-2015, 12:59 AM)Rassane Wrote: [ -> ]Which i3 is it? Sounds like cpu bottleneck.

Under my PC info it says Intel Core i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70 GHz. 

Please excuse my computer terms illiteracy, but what is a cpu bottleneck? 

Thanks again for your help so far!
(08-04-2015, 02:28 AM)zmerc14 Wrote: [ -> ]Under my PC info it says Intel Core i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70 GHz. 

Please excuse my computer terms illiteracy, but what is a cpu bottleneck? 

Thanks again for your help so far!

Ah, yup, that's it. Cpu bottleneck means the thingy is laggy because your cpu is too weak to keep up with it.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...40+1.70GHz

Here you can see it has a single thread rating of 950. To be able to play everything compatible enjoyably, 1600+ is recommended. Honestly tho, that is a very low-power chip.
(08-04-2015, 02:46 AM)Rassane Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, yup, that's it. Cpu bottleneck means the thingy is laggy because your cpu is too weak to keep up with it.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...40+1.70GHz

Here you can see it has a single thread rating of 950. To be able to play everything compatible enjoyably, 1600+ is recommended. Honestly tho, that is a very low-power chip.

Ah, okay. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that I could easily fix and did not know about. Anyways, thanks so much for your help!
If you're planning on building a pc or maybe upgrading an existing one, you can take a look at ssakash's guide or make your own thread on this forum, we'd be glad to help. Also, there are some very light games you could play well even on your laptop. There's a full list somewhere around here but I can't find it right now, sorry.
you can also try my guide, it is in my sig
(08-04-2015, 08:44 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]you can also try my guide, it is in my sig

In this case it might actually bring the game up to a fairly playable state.
Pages: 1 2