..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cheat discs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know this has probably been asked before, but does anybody know a sure fire way on the latest build of PSXC2 of getting the Action Replay discs working
I am running:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
4Ghz i7 4790k
AMD Radeon 7900HD Sapphire Edition(Don't know exact number, was second hand from a friend as a gift)
16gb of RAM
Dual Monitor setup, I run PSXC2 on my left monitor while I run chats and stuff on my right.
Thought I would post my stats to see if it could help
why do you need the discs? You can just put the codes in a pnach and pcsx2 takes care of the rest...
I would as well highly recommend the pnach system.

Still I thought action replay codes/disks work...
If you really insist on solving the issue: Can you post the full emulog after you observed the problem?
The action replay codes/disks work actually, just select the codes you want and then press start and choose to play with codes then it'll ask you to put the game, change the disk or the iso and then select swap and it'll start.
See this video it may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFPH2pOuP9I
There's no need for that outdated stuff to be honest. The pnach method is far more efficient, and allows you to update/change codes without having to go through the hassle of opening up the codebreaker disc first. Even adding and enablling/disabling is faster via pnach.
I think PCSX2 needs internal cheat manager like the one in Dolphin, It'll make it easier for everyone to change, edit , add , and enable/disable.
Or cheat plugin such as ( PEC ) in ePSXe.
Anyway I don't care too much about cheating but I think it'll be a great feature if you guys decided to add it in the future
We already have the pnach system.
Adding, editing, and enabling/disabling codes is not easy with the pnach system, that's why I prefer to use the codebreaker disk - though it may take longer time to use codes - .
If you tried the (PEC) in ePSXe for instance you'll know what I'm talking about, with (PEC) you can enable/disable codes in the middle of the game, also adding a new game or new cheat is very easy because it's just editing the txt file.
Quote:If you tried the (PEC) in ePSXe for instance you'll know what I'm talking about, with (PEC) you can enable/disable codes in the middle of the game, also adding a new game or new cheat is very easy because it's just editing the txt file.

It's exactly what the pnach system do, albeit a little complicated.
If you want to add cheats on a middle of a game, just open the pnach file, put your codes, save, then refresh the log. Wanna make a pnach for a game? Just run the game, copy the CRC, then paste it as the txt's name. Then continue with the procedure above when adding cheats. There are lots of frontends too for easier patch-making.
Pcsx2 is lacking a nice user interface for pnach handling that's true. As there are a lot of gui changes recently and some new coders around I think sooner or later we will also get something similar. For now one either has to manually change the pnaches or use a 3rd party software.
Pages: 1 2