..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Video problems on Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all. After all I want to say that sorry for my english, is a little poor.

Im having some video issues with this game. When I play, I had some blue lines on the screen. I see that other users in this forum and around internet have the same issue (like in this post http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Weird-blu...ubsistance)

I tried the same solutions, but it doesnt work. If I play in hardware mod, the game run fast and nice, except for that blue lines. But if I play on Software mod, blue lines dissapear but it run slow of FPS.

Hardware specs:
- CPU: Intel I5 3570K 3.4 GHz
- Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 660 OC
- Memory: 8GB
- Windows 7 x64

PCSX2 1.2.1

Settings
Direct3D11 Hardware

Playing game from ISO file

I dont know other settings I can post. Anyway I've been following other tutorials of internet to solve this and I changed all of it (custom video plugin, emulation settings...). I think I should set my setting by default, right?
If you need other info, fell free to say it Wink

Thanks for all
Tried using gsdx ogl with accurate blending ?
Ups, sorry, I didn't know you will answer so fast.

I don't know what you mean. On plugins, I use GSDX32 sse3 r5875, and I tried with another custom of a guy which "solves" MGS3 issues, but it don't worked to me.
You need to download the latest git version.
There was some change recently and the ogl renderer is currently the most accurate one. Especially after enabling accurate options.

Just download the latest git version, open gsdx plugin settings and you will see these options.
Ok, I downloaded it from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php , is like a PCSX2 portable. Now I press in gs settings and I see a window with settings like adapter, renderer,...
For my hardware, I selected GSDX SSE3, I think is the correct.

I start playing and it seems to work!! But it don't have the improvements that usually had, I think that is configure plugin settings like texture filtering, resolution,... right?

The only thing is that the player moves alone sometimes, I dont know if its problem of the joystick of any bad configuration of the pad, but it didnt happen in the other version. I will configure it again.
Ok, yes, was problem of my pad. Is a little weird configure it.

Thank you so much for all!! Now I can play finally. I will configure video settings of the plugin, if I had some issue, I let you know Wink.

Regards