..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I Figured I would make my own thread, Seemingly at random while playing I get a crash. Last one was a few minutes ago, I was playing FFXII, the screen freezes then goes black, EE drops to 0% and GS jumps to 100%, and it sits there unresponsive until I try to close it which then brings up the PCSX2 has stopped responding dialogue box and I have to force it to close.

Hardware specs are in my sig, currently using 1.3.1-1082, OGL HW, everything is at default except for changing the default renderer to my GPU and putting the res on 2x native. I don't remember how many revisions ago but one of the earlier (much earlier) builds would run FFXII forever without ever crashing. Emulog attached.

EDIT: I forgot I updated my sig, I was on Windows when this happened, I think I'm going to get rid of Zorin Tongue
I introduced a regression recently. I need to doubke check the version.
(09-09-2015, 06:31 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]I introduced a regression recently. I need to doubke check the version.

Soooooo I just wait for gregory to perform his magic and download the next git build when it's ready? Laugh
or just go back a bit and find one that does work? I was using 840 or something like that for a while myself
I try to avoid clutter on my system, I don't want 800 versions installed all over the place, and having to pick and choose different versions for different games gets a little annoying Laugh I'll just do other stuff and wait
Hum, 1082 must work normally. Regression was fixed in 1081
Well then what the hell is going on here Blink
(09-09-2015, 06:45 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Hum, 1082 must work normally. Regression was fixed in 1081

McdSlot 0 [File]: C:\Users\sjack\Documents\PCSX2\pcsx2-v1.3.1-1082-gddc03cb-windows-x86\memcards\Mcd001.ps2

^That's what he's using

@Carsomyr: I just last night put 20 versions on my pc, but I didn't desktop all of them
I wish I could remember what build I used... I think it was as far back as 1.3.1-131 Blink And umm. Is something wrong with my memory card? I thought those had been basically the same forever except for that new folder thing admiral was working on... Didn't really care for all that myself Tongue
Out of curiosity Do games general have issues with crashing when the EE rate is too high? I usually seem to have issues if the EE goes over 80% steadily... I remember with Vice City it would crash repeatedly with the EE at 100%, then with the speedhack set to 2 it would stay at/near 100% but wouldn't crash nearly as much?

Second thought. These GPU drivers. Nvidia drivers for windows 10 have been nothing short of a nightmare.
Pages: 1 2 3 4