..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help with Suikoden III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have been using PCSX2 for years, quietly reading guides and using google whenever I encounter an issue, but this one really has me stumped.
My laptop has a 4-core i7 processor and a Nvidia GT555M graphics card. It's decently powerful for a laptop and I can run just about any PS2 emulation on stable 60fps at 2x native. There are minor slowdowns here and there, usually for that 5 seconds where a cutscene has too much fog.
However, Suikoden III only seems to run at 30-40 FPS depending on the area (haven't been to many areas though, just the start). I have the lastest version of PCSX2, and I have tried DX11/9/OpenGL hardware/software, native resolution, as well as frame skipping. I tried to turn off as many extra features as possible and none of them seem to really improve the frame rate beyond maybe an extra 3 fps. I have emulated Suikoden V before with no problem at 3x, as well as many other similar-looking 3D games. Maybe Suikoden III is just done in a way that is especially taxing on hardware? I would appreciate any help with this and can provide extra config information if needed, for now they are pretty much all on balanced defaults. 

Thank you.
what i7
Suikoden III is pretty demanding, but EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing set to 1 will help it a LOT.
(10-05-2015, 05:03 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Suikoden III is pretty demanding, but EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing set to 1 will help it a LOT.

Thanks a lot! 1 and 1 only gets it to 45fps but 1 and 2 does the trick.