..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS and Graphic Abnormalities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to emulating PS2 games.  I noticed Games like Shadow of Colossus has a lower FPS and the game is abnormally bright, looks like the visual effects of the sun are amplified.  The game Scarface has a lower FPS, occasionally crashes and when you go into the rage mode the graphics become abnormal and i cant make anything out.  Finally, there is Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 where the background visuals are totally messed up but the FPS is fine.

• Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.  AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 Ghz, 8GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GPU, and Windows 7 64-bit

• The version of PCSX2 you are using.  1.2.1
  • Any non default settings you are using.  None
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.  Scarface, Shadow of Colossus, and DBZ Budokai 3 in ISO format.
Thanks!
For sotc set vu cycle stealing to 2. this game does some funny stuff with the vu.

For each kind graphical glitch please make a screenshot. For speed issues please report fps/ee/gs/vu values.

Also you could see dx9 issues. Report back if glitches are present if you switch to direct3d11 in gsdx plugin settings
Quote: Finally, there is Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 where the background visuals are totally messed up but the FPS is fine.

please provide a screenshot of your GSDX plugin settings and Emulation settings.
The brightness cane be solved by grabbing the latest development/git build, setting GSDX to OpenGL hardware and setting the "Blending Unit Accuracy" to Basic or Medium, I believe Basic is closest as it is supposed to still be a bit bright, but Medium takes away most of the brightness completely