..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 on this notebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i have to change my pc. and i need a notebook..but i need to know if this spec will be ok to run pcsx2 

Intel® Core™ I5 4210U (1,7 Ghz, Cache 3 MB)

HD 500 GB - RAM 4 GB - Display: 15,6'' Full HD

nVidia GeForce GT 840M 2GB

and please..ive looked at many configuration guide's in here, but, can you suggest me one to do , to run at the best whit this pc ? there are a lot of options...so i would like to know that should i do... thanks !!!!
which games are you looking to play ?
(10-27-2015, 05:45 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]which games are you looking to play ?

the bouncer .....ff10 ..... ff12 ....resident evil 4, dead aim......tekken tag, t4,t5 ........onimusha 1,2,3 .....splinter cell 1,2,3............mgs2 .......... silent hill 3.......shadow hearts 1.......kingdom hearts 1, 2..........blood raine 1, 2.... gran turismo 4 ...primal...tenchu 3....the warriors

and others game, they are too many .

i know that some game will be more demanding than others. 

thanks for the help
  • FF series: should be good ( even my old era Core2Duo handles it fine)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: would probably struggle a bit on demanding scenes.
  • GT4: might be good with some speedhacks.

No clue about other games, though do note that the laptop processor is only focused for low power and battery efficiency and for lower tasks ( which isn't really ideal for PCSX2), U Stands for "Ultra low power". Take a look at the following link for more details regarding Intel processors classifications on model numbers: http://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/pr...mbers.html
Unfortunately your processor isn't that great for pcsx2. Intel processors that end with -U are undervolted CPUs which are designed to operate at lower frequencies and temperatures. You will most likely be able to get playable frames on the Final Fantasy games as they are easier to emulate. Games like GT4 though you may not be able to play. You can try setting VU cycle stealing to 1 or 2 to increase FPS, but I wouldn't expect miracles. Also make sure your GSdx plugin is set to DX11 or OpenGL hardware mode to make use of your GPU.
Open GL wont' work on that.
(10-27-2015, 06:14 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Open GL wont' work on that.

It will work, that's a Kepler card not any old age Tesla Wink
(10-27-2015, 06:20 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]It will work, that's a Kepler card not any old age Tesla Wink

Oops, didn't see the dGPU. Was only thinking of the iGPU.
(10-27-2015, 06:09 PM)JonyeGway Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately your processor isn't that great for pcsx2. Intel processors that end with -U are undervolted CPUs which are designed to operate at lower frequencies and temperatures. You will most likely be able to get playable frames on the Final Fantasy games as they are easier to emulate. Games like GT4 though you may not be able to play. You can try setting VU cycle stealing to 1 or 2 to increase FPS, but I wouldn't expect miracles. Also make sure your GSdx plugin is set to DX11 or OpenGL hardware mode to make use of your GPU.

ciao ! ok so, it would be playable but not the best choiche. i havent buy it yet so...i will keep searching..but tell me, the other specs are ok ? ram and grapich card?

im noticing that a lot of notebook has the U at the end of the intell..........what should i do so ? Sad Sad
Look for processors that end in M, MQ, or HQ as they will run at higher frequencies and have better single thread rating, they are much more expensive though. You may be able to find a laptop on newegg for pretty cheap with something like an i5 4210m CPU which is a decent processor for pcsx2. To check what the single thread rating of a CPU is look up the parts name on cpubenchmark.net. A desktop would be the more powerful and cheaper route. If you'd like to discuss more about hardware start a thread over on the hardware discussion section.
Pages: 1 2