..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tekken 5 not booting properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone having stability problems with this game? All of a sudden it stop working - it launches, goes through the whole spaceship load sequence but when I press START, it crashes. I did just update to the latest Nvidia drivers... I hope that's not the reason. But I even tried an old version of PCSX2 and it doesn't work there either. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
use run->execute instead of file->run cd/dvd
(03-25-2009, 11:54 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]use run->execute instead of file->run cd/dvd

Cool, thanks, this does work. But why is it like this and is this new?
I always use File>run cd/dvd but I never had this problem.
Just make sure that your advanced options are kept at default.
For this game, only work with run execute instead run cd/cdvd, i dont know if this problem already get solved with latest svn.
For me, even the direct "RUN CD" option works for Tekken5.
it used to crash on the same build. but making an ISO of the dvd helped fixed it.
Its strange, some versions of the game are fine the file->run cd/dvd way, but others arents, not sure on the cause.
It's GSdx. Some custom resolutions crash it but you can get around it by running it via Run->Execute. So if your Tekken 5 crashes at boot,check native and it will work fine with either run cd/dvd or run execute
(03-26-2009, 05:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's GSdx. Some custom resolutions crash it but you can get around it by running it via Run->Execute. So if your Tekken 5 crashes at boot,check native and it will work fine with either run cd/dvd or run execute

Actually, check Native does not work (for me at least). I always use Native res. for this game as doing otherwise causes black stripes to be displayed as well as displaying a fat, black horizontal stripe along the bottom.

Maybe it's a matter of getting an ISO made properly. I've had some issues with Linuz's plugin being a little finicky...it's an NRG now, maybe I'll try an ISO and see if that behaves any differently.
Actually, check Native does not work (for me at least). I always use Native res. for this game as doing otherwise causes black stripes to be displayed as well as displaying a fat, black horizontal stripe along the bottom.

important! in tekken5/graphics plugin config/ use d3d internal res for example 720x1280 ,or 900x1440 ,or 1020x1280 ,or 1050x1680 -no vertical lines! remember not 1680x1050 ,only 1050x1680 & only internal res! not screen resolution.
Pages: 1 2 3