..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Why not a Hotkey to switch Renderers?(DX11, OpenGL,OpenCL, ect)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We have one for Renderer to Software, and the Interlacing. I think a interesting one would be switching between DX9, DX10, DX11, OpenGL, ect, with the press of a button. Rather than switching to the PCSX2 Main GUI and selecting plugins each time, simply have a button to switch and see what looks best.  Just a feature of conveinence.
should be trivial , which key do you need for the job ?
No idea for a key, but one of the F keys that maybe isn't in use?
all of the F keys seem to be used Tongue2
Hmm..

Damn. Maybe... R CTRL?
Dangerous. Maybe some people use R-Ctrl for something else as controller key maps.

What about Shift-F9? That sounds to me consistent.

The problem is that we have some Null renderers. Do you want to include or exclude them?

This also needs proper linux testing.
I guess. I just didn't think anyone would be using R-CTRL for PCSX2. Shift + F9 sounds good to me. Null renderers? I would think probably not...this would just be between Hardware Renderers that actually...render, to quickly and easily see the difference between them.
If no null renderers this would be windows only and maybe easier to do. More or less copy pasting the renderer switch algo. Sounds like a nice feature.
I'll add this after #925 gets merge. don't want to cause willkuer more trouble due to merge conflicts

(or) @ willkuer - maybe add this along to your PR ?
Thanks. That's really making it easier. I hope that I finalize that pr soon. I still have to fight with my Linux VM.

I didn't work with the user interface so far. I guess you would be faster than me. Also I don't have much time and would like to do other stuff as well. So i would probably need some time before I can start this. Still I can do it. As you like.
Pages: 1 2 3