..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a thread about an year ago, but then it was just plainly my low-end PC. I still have the same problem, ESPN NHL (2004) is running 'slow motion', not in the main menu and stuff but in game. My specs:

AMD FX-4300 3.8Ghz (4-core)
NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
8GB Ram DDR3

And I used to have a 400$ pc with dual-core ***** processor and Nvidia GeForce 9200GT, much worse than the GTX 550 Ti.

Any tips?
The problem isn't your GPu here, it's your CPU.
bulldozer architecture is known to perform very badly with single threaded applications
overclock the crap out of that cpu, make sure you are using the MTVU speed hack, that should help Smile
It's a pile driver core, so it has a higher IPC, but it's still not great. Anyways, what settings are you using?
Sorry to ask, but could you specify what information do you need from the settings specifically?
All of them.
Please screenshot all the tabs
That dual-core ***** processor you had last year has just a little less single thread performance than your current quadcore, so don't be so harsh on it(I still have one). Laugh
[Image: ss1.jpg]
[Image: ss2.jpg]
[Image: ss3.jpg]
[Image: ss4.jpg]
[Image: ss5.jpg]
[Image: ss6.jpg]

Sorry for some of the settings being in finnish.. And I have tried to change the directX from 9 to 11 and from hardware to software, also I've messed around with the speedhacks.
Switch from DirectX9 to DX11 and/or OpenGL in the GSDX menu and move the EE & VU speedhacks sliders to the right(one step at a time). And see if you can find a sweet spot for performance in the game.
tick all the recommended speedhacks and in gsdx change Direct3D9 Hardware to Direct3D11 Hardware, see if that helps a bit
Pages: 1 2