..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: So what's going on here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I wanted to know what's wrong with my setup.  Now I have two games I want to replay, Mark of kri and Shadow of the Colusus.  I was playing SotC before but that disc was scratched badly and I ran into some problems, so I stopped and after some stuff I changed my OS.

Now a year or two after(not quite sure how long it's been really) I have reinstalled PCSX2 wanting a round 2 to finally finish the game and got an ISO of SotC.

Problem is, it's very very slow.  It's the same PC, but with a better GPU, more RAM and a different OS.  I think the older OS was Windows 7 or Windows 8

But my current system specs are
Q9300
Amd 5770
10GB RAM
Windows 10

And the system I was running it on was
Q9300
Nvidia 9400GT
2GB Ram
Windows 7/8

Mark of Kri runs flawlessly, and while SotC didn't run perfectly on the 9400GT, it ran well enough to actually play.  But now the sound is all weird and it runs slower.

So what exactly is going on here?  Thanks in advance for any responses
Set VU cycle stealing speedhack to 2 and try then. Also make sure to use MTVU. But the single threaded on that CPU is pretty low for PCSX2 nowadays. It's gotten more accurate recently and as a result more demanding.
Yup tried the VU cycle thing, runs much better. Though weird how it barely bothers my GPU, and doesn't 100% my CPU cores, I thought there was something wrong.

I'd try overclocking to see if it'd make a difference, but I ought to change this old jalopy of a CPU anyway.

Thanks for the help!
One of the limitations in speed in an emulator like PCSX2 is cross thread synchronization. We use 3 threads with MTVU but certain things have to be timed right in order for the emulated software to run correctly. Because of keeping things in sync, you will basically never see PCSX2 use 100% of a CPU core.

As for the GPU - PCSX2 is very light on the GPU, any modern GPU is gonna be pretty good for it.
There are few games that are GPU strong. Zone of Enders is one I can think of right off the bat. Your CPU is rather weak for SoTC. It is a pretty intense. my FX-8350 oced to 5 ghz would still have a lot of issues with SoTC.
I think it is time to put that old bird down and spend the $400 to just get something made in the last 5 years.