..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII "magicks never miss" code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I've searched high and low for any NTSC raw codes regarding a 100% chance of a successful buff/debuff code for magicks and abilites. 
I can't seem to find anything like it, which is unfortunate because it's not very game-breaking like most other codes, but just enough to make some seemingly buggy encounters less annoying.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Heck, even just a having a somewhat increased chance would suffice.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
(12-26-2015, 08:26 AM)GreenPiece Wrote: [ -> ]any NTSC raw codes

You can also use NTSC encrypted one's. You just need to convert them using some converter app like omnivonvert or multiconverter.
(12-26-2015, 01:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]You can also use NTSC encrypted one's. You just need to convert them using some converter app like omnivonvert or multiconverter.

That was my intention, but I've searched just about every possible site and I can't find any code even similar to the likes of what I'm looking for.

I'm surprised codes like that aren't in higher demand among RPGs, as it still retains some challenge. It doesn't make FF too gamebreakingly easy, but enough to make it a slightly less stressful experience. Also because it feels like a waste spending any effort into abilities and magicks when they only work 0-40% of the time, not including the enemies that are already immune to certain defuffs.
Its some time since I played that game but I think there is a status where you ignore enemies magical defense. If there is and this is sufficient for you I guess there is a save game editor somewhere here in the forum that allows to permanently enable that status. I think constant shell, protes and regen can also be considered as non-gamebreaking but highly simplifying this game. Those codes you probably find...

Edit:
The save game editor is here.
I think I used it once. It is really powerful...
I do have that editor, but it doesn't quite have exactly what I'm looking for.
I appreciate it anyway.
Well some positive buffs don't always succeed yeah..

When it comes to positive buff codes, the value to turn them on right away (and keep them on) is 567C apparently, but it could be completely different for INFLICTING status ailments. It honestly will not be an easy task to create codes to do this. I think the best you can do right now is just use the editor for positive buffs (or you can use a code to keep Libra and stuff enabled), but for actually inflicting ailments I don't think it's possible at this time.
But do you plan to speedrun? I would say except for the optional bosses ffxii is a game with low difficulty. If you permanently get positive statuses i guess you never need to explicitely train your party.
(12-27-2015, 02:05 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]But do you plan to speedrun? I would say except for the optional bosses ffxii is a game with low difficulty. If you permanently get positive statuses i guess you never need to explicitely train your party.

^This.

Having Faith Brave Regen Haste Shell, etc always on will make everything a cakewalk.
(12-27-2015, 02:19 PM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]Having Faith Brave Regen Haste Shell, etc always on will make everything a cakewalk.

I did find that particular code here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/459841-fi...i/41785675

It's been very useful in not having to go into the battle menu and rebuff everyone, one at a time, every few minutes.  It's really just a time-saver for slightly impatient people like me.

But if a code regarding specifically executing "100% magick hit rate" ever surfaces, I'd sure like to know about it!  I feel like that's the only code I would ever really want for FFXII, so it would be Christmas indeed.
But for the time being, this status buff code is about the next best thing.  Happy Thanks guys.
Here's a better version of that code on gfaqs: (Since Bravery, faith, float and bubble were missing there)

Code:
// All Characters: Protect, Shell, Haste, Bravery, Faith, Regen, Float, Bubble & Libra
/patch=1,EE,4054A144,extended,00280071
/patch=1,EE,567C0000,extended,00000000
/patch=1,EE,4054A16C,extended,00280071
/patch=1,EE,567C0000,extended,00000000
Pages: 1 2