..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 1:1 Internal Resolutions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
I'm one of those guys that likes my 2D games to be Pixel-Perfect and not Filtered.

On ePSXe using the Software GPU Plugin, I was able to determine the exact Internal Resolution for Street Fighter Alpha 3 (384x240) and double to quadruple that Resolution in Windowed Mode to make the game look extra sharp AND crystal clear!

Now I wanna do the same thing for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on PCSX2. 
Once again, I'd like to be able to determine the EXACT Internal/Rendering Resolution (AAAxBBB), and it needs to be 1:1, NOT 4:3, 16:9, or any of that generic stuff.

Think you guys can help me out with this?
Gsdx displays the native resolution in its titlebar
may be what's the op mean exact output scaling to internal resolution. not scaled to 4:3, 16:9 or streched to fullscreen.
if you using crt tv then ps2 emulation is not for you.

Because ps2 is using interlaced mode and you cant take crystal clear picture.

Dont use pcsx2 for low resolution games.

If you are using an lcd there is not important about resolution. Picture is near same for these old raster games.

By the way ps2 using 640x448 nat.res for s.f.a. Under that you cant take picture from pcsx2 .
jsut make sure "native" is ticked and untick "Texture Filtering" that should get you close as possible. If you want to be extra sure, change to using a software renderer.

To get the exact pixel size to your monitor (if you want to i guess) you could make a picture up in paint at the resolution the game gives then match the window to that, you can then resize your picture by a percentage each way if you want to stretch it evenly
software renderer is the best option to get it most accurate as possible.
Then DirectX or OpenGL is only being used for scaling and outputting the image.
There used to be GDI but they got rid of it.
2d games can be weird in PCSX2, some will look sharp when increasing internal res, while blurry at native - KOF 2002 Unlimited Match-, and others look sharper at native, while blurry when upscaled - Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei Kengō Retsuden, thank you copy paste -.

I guess it depends on if the games apply filtering themselves, and at what stage. So I'd say try different things till you find what you like. Note that filtering will be applied when going to full screen regardless of any setting, so if your game of the type that look sharper in native, then it will look blurry when you go full screen.
another pixel perfect guy? come on... hardware doesn't do it. the screen rescaler always f*cks it up. sampling offset are sh*t sometimes. that is like that. even in software you're might be outta luck. you could ask gregory if he's willing to develop a 1:1 centered output. upscaling in your desktop composite or the general screen rescale in your graphics driver might f*ck it up anyway. you see your street fighter 384x240 ends up 768x480 or 1536x720. this the resolution you have to set your screen up to get that 1:1. but/and... is that the correct aspect ratio of the picture? cause... that's ultrawide. are those characters not deformed like that? you know. that 1:1 isn't always the right thing.
M.A.M.E has 1:1 scaling. Wish pcsx2 has it too.
(12-30-2015, 12:54 PM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]M.A.M.E has 1:1 scaling. Wish pcsx2 has it too.

pcsx2 is doing 1:1 scaling, but for ps2 Smile

Low res arcade games are ports for ps2. And when we play it with pcsx2, we play game with double emulation.
MAME is directly emulate game from arcade machine. Thats why i said use MAME or FBA.
By the way dont care about resolution for 1:1 scale, because these arcade games are strech from inside the arcade cabinet.

But you cant take 1:1 scaling with 16:9 or 16:10 monitor for 4:3 game, if you want fullscreen.