..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it possible for my specs to get constant 60 FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I'd like to ask if it's possible for my specs to play games at constant 60 FPS? Here are the specs BTW.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
System Model: G31M-ES2L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 3388MB used, 4798MB available
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 420
Display Memory: 3791 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2000 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
If it is possible, what are the optimal settings that I should use?
Quote: Okay, so I'd like to ask if it's possible for my specs to emulate games at constant 60 FPS?

The emulated medium is the console not the game.

about speed: it depends on the game but your processor won't suffice for most of the demanding games, which games are you more likely to play ?
I've been trying to play the Monster Rancher sequels that came out for the PS2. And yeah, my mistake. ^^"
Hmm, I haven't tried the specific game yet so I'm not sure how your processor will fare on it. but I do have a Conroe architecture Core2duo which is clocked at similar clock speed and it managed to handle the God of war series , Bakugan:Battle Brawlers , Naruto Ultimate ninja series and Bomberman Kart quite well at full speed with use of the recommended speed hacks.

Of course it didn't do well on games like GTA series , Fatal Frame , Dot hack games where it only handled even the lower demanding scenes around 20-40 fps averagely. so.. yeah, that's pretty much what you can expect from this processor. as stated before, I'm not sure how Monster Rancher will fare on this processor.
Alright, Thanks for the info!
hmmfg.. any low demanding 3D games, 2D gamesm ..
you can play Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts but don't expect constant 60fps all the time.