..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Scarface The World Is Yours Issues - Mem Leak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I haven't been on here in ages but saw that Version 1.4 was released hoping it would fix my problem with Scarface.

Unfortunately it did not.

The game gets progressively slower until MicroVU1: Program cache limit reached" is shown. If you look at task manager Ram usage also slowly rises until 3GB+.

VU Usage remains above 90% as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Donovan
IIRC, Refraction once told me that this game does something really weird by causing the program data to be recompiled repeatedly and earlier detection handling to prevent that will be costly on performance.

does this happen on SuperVU ?
Yeah try Super VU, this game does a really annoying thing where it changes a fixed value in the VU program, but that causes the entire VU program to be recompiled, so microVU adds a new program to its list and has to recompile it, causing it to be slow and eat memory Sad

There was a hack for this a while ago to stop it doing that, still a pain though Tongue
Super VU causes it to crash quicker Sad
I've tried different clamping modes and other settings nothing works.
Its nothing to do with any settings, it's just how the game uses the VU's, it can't be fixed easily.

Anyway, this will tie you over, this is a special build for scarface (may possibly break other games) to stop the constant recompilation and low speed. It's a hack, so don't expect amazing results other than scarface

I've also added this hack to github so it will be in future development builds and releases.