..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Unable to load games please advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for about 2 days to get this emulator working on my laptop. I have tried everything in the troubleshooting sections, youtube videos, changing plugins ect and I am now a broken shell of a man. The emulator seems to load ok but when I try and load a game nothing happens. . . I am a hairs width from drop kicking my laptop through the window Ninja and going postal so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ps I am not exactly a computer wizard either so please don't fry my remaining brain cells with big scary programmers jargon.

I'm running windows 10 with directX 12. Here is a copy form my log. I get this far but then nothing else happens.

Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
 Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 10586), 64-bit
 Physical RAM     =  8110 MB
 CPU name         =  Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
 Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 04)
 CPU speed        =  2.193 ghz (4 logical threads)
 x86PType         =  Standard OEM
 x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
 x86EFlags        =  2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
 SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
 Binding   GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Windows 10.0.10586
 Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll
 Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
 Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
 Binding  USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
 Binding   FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
 Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 297ms)
(Drag&Drop) Received filename: D:\Users\mikej\emulators\playstation 2\Fight Night Round 3.iso
 HotSwapping to new ISO src image!

what am I doing wrong??? Wacko
When you say nothing happens what do you mean?

Going from your log, you aren't clicking System-> Run CD/DVD (Fast), or anything for that matter lol
Just enter C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe D:\Users\mikej\emulators\playstation 2\Fight Night Round 3.iso in the Windows explorer location bar, command prompt or Run... and the game should start automatically once you press Enter/Return. Tongue2
IT WORKED. Ithink I am about to cry. . .

I have been dragging and dropping the iso into the window. I DID WARN YOU I WAS NO COMPUTOR GENIUS LOL Laugh

Thanks guys, I am now as happy as a pig in. . .muck!
seems I was too quick to celebrate. it loads the game initially but then crashes after a few seconds. . Sad
I'm thinking you don't have your PS2 system bios.
(01-27-2016, 12:54 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking you don't have your PS2 system bios.

Lets not jump to conclusions.

How far does the game get? do you get any error boxes?
Dude, try to use the menu bar buttons in the emulator window. LoL.

Each emulator is a different story. You dont need to drag the .iso file to the window. Just click in CDVD, select iso and then in 'iso selector' click in 'browse' to select your iso file. After you selected which iso you want to load in the emulator, click 'System'-> 'Boot CDVD (Fast)'

If you configured your emulator properly with bios and plugins, then it should work. Since you dont seem to have a GPU, you may try to run the game in software mode. You can swap between hardware and software mode pressing f9 or through Video plugin settings.
yes I have a bios and gpu, although I hadnt noticed it isn't displaying on there. I have a GeForce 940m. problem is iv installed and uninstalled the program that many times and messed about with my plugins so much iv got myself in a right muddle lol.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
Pages: 1 2