..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it possible for my laptop to emulate at full speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a HP Pavillion dv2713tx
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00GHz)
- nVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
- Windows Vista Home Premium

Am I right in thinking my graphics card wont be good enough for 100% fps?
Even your CPU is not enough for always 100% fps. There are games which have slowdowns on 3.6ghz+! I bet even on 4ghz some slowdowns (down from 60 to maybe 50-55) occurs.

pcsx2 on a laptop will never run 100% fullspeed, maybe on some games but not more.
(03-30-2009, 11:12 AM)blurneko Wrote: [ -> ]- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00GHz)---Fair
- nVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS---Possible Good
- Windows Vista Home Premium---Fair

sorry most games could not run that full speed only at Fair speed ranging 20~40 fps..but few 2D games has a potential to run at almost
full speed...
The CPU is a problem, you might be able to get a few games close enough using speedhacks if you can overclock it a little bit.

As far as GPU and operating system goes, you should be okay. PCSX2 doesn't use a lot of GPU power unless you crank the resolutions, and Vista opens up the ability to use DX10 which is a plus.

I would think about a CPU upgrade if your laptop's BIOS would allow it. You have a Socket P and 800MHz FSB, so in theory you could use a T9500 which has a 2.6GHz stock clock. That'd help a lot, but mobile processors aren't cheap either...