..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Issue with Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I ripped an image from my game, turned it into an ISO, as this is what people have told me to do, acquired the bios from my old unit, that process was longwinded and I figured the hardest bit was done, but now I'm having issues with the actual emulator.

This is a screenshot of my configure as it was when I downloaded it, the ISO is now sitting in the corner of my desktop and...well I have no idea what to do next, I can only notice that little error that pops up when I open configure.

Here is a link to a screenshot of my configure screen... Can anyone give me some step-by-steps to figuring out this problem?

http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w350/...creen1.jpg
what's the problem, you didn't even mention what the problem was. Huh
Appologuies, got a head of myself.

Well if I try to run the game via the "Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0" option, it gives the download latest direct X notice... I have the latest direct X, even redownloaded and installed it just to be sure. It will then close.

If I run it via "Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0", loading the game on via Daemontools, it says cannot read ISO.

EDIT: Actually now it's just giving the same direct X error as the above.

Also, in case it helps, system specs:

Intel 2.4 Duel Core
8600 GT video card
2 GB RAM

I also notice people, when looking at a guide or something on say, youtube, they seem to have vastly different plugin options than me.
Ok, it's running now, thanks for that help.

Another issue now, and I believe this one is mainly due to my lack of knowing exactly what the hell I'm doing:

Started up Silent Hill 2, which is supposed to play fine. I'm getting flickering, so I tried the speed hacks, since past the opening video the flickering stops, but everything else is moving half speed. Also FPS is bombing to 24%~ once the video starts.

I have basically no idea how to mess around with the configuration... I feel it's also asking a lot for a rundown or some help... I also dont know what plugins keep being mentioned, how to use them, or what they really do..

Any assistance would be appreciated.
well you should've read this from the start Smile
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
Alright, I gave it another read... I understood it better now that I've spent some days messing with the actual emulator (and not hassling with just getting a damn game from the ps2 on the computer).

Its up and running, but experiencing bad slowdown... the opening video... I fixed it from stuttering by using GSdx 890 (SSSE3), but the voicing goes slow:

"maaarrrrry.... aaaarrreeee.....yooouu.....reeallllyyy..... ..... .... ....hereeee?"

This is after I've messed with the speedhacks, set it to x2, then x4, helped, but mainly with the images, they run smooth, voice still drawls.

ZeroGS seems to "play" it the best, but it splits the screen with two images, the top running very smooth looking, the bottom a cluster**** of image glitches.
yes, well, some games don't work as well as others, you'll have to play around with the games you have and see what works.