..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of the abyss rectangles on screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In the game Tale of the abyss (NTSC) the game shows rectangles in the entire screen in many areas (Like the town of the beginning) this rectangles can see if you chek the hardware hack "Half pixel offset" to remove the ghosting effect.

(Images attached)

Tested with opengl and directx11.

This can be removed temporally enabling/disabling hardware mode, but only for a short time.

Specs:

i7 4790k
16GB DDR3
GTX 970 (4gb)
No problem here, game is perfect.
(04-09-2016, 04:46 PM)OAzazelDC Wrote: [ -> ]No problem here, game is perfect.

The problem happens to many users, you can see searching on google.
(04-10-2016, 01:55 AM)LuismaSP89 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem happens to many users, you can see searching on google.

I'm surprised you managed to find a ton of people with this problem, but failed to find the fix which was pointed to by the very first result

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-tota-s-gh...#pid444255
(04-10-2016, 02:20 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised you managed to find a ton of people with this problem, but failed to find the fix which was pointed to by the very first result

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-tota-s-gh...#pid444255

I found that fix, but that gsdx is totally outdated (1 year) and all i want is to merge the fix by default on the pcsx2 builds, like a hardware hack.

Here you can see, i´m not the only idiot that can´t solve the problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/...xhibition/

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ghosting-...-the-Abyss
Well the hacked version was a hack specifically for that game, upscaling in itself if a hack and will cause problems, so it needs to be countered with another hack in some cases. We try to keep game specific hacks like this away from GSDX.

If the old one works, just use that, you aren't missing out on anything, you can keep the newer one in the plugins folder too and switch to it when you are playing other games if that one doesn't work properly Smile
(04-10-2016, 03:05 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Well the hacked version was a hack specifically for that game, upscaling in itself if a hack and will cause problems, so it needs to be countered with another hack in some cases.  We try to keep game specific hacks like this away from GSDX.

If the old one works, just use that, you aren't missing out on anything, you can keep the newer one in the plugins folder too and switch to it when you are playing other games if that one doesn't work properly Smile

Yep, that i´ll do, use only this plugin when playing Tales of the abyss.

Btw this hacked plugin doesn´t solve the problem at all in some areas (Images attached)

It´s better than nothing, thank you for the info.
Shame Sad Maybe Ryudo can fix it up on a newer version for you
I don't know how helpful this is(I didn't play much this way)but
1.Enable the HW Hacks in GSdx and set the X and Y offset to 360
2.Go to an area(I don't know if this is needed)with the problem(Engave for example) and press F9 twice to switch to software and back to hardware mode

This seems to remove the ghost(more like position it in the correct place)and pressing F9 twice removes the grid
Please post all your GSdx settings, including the hacks section.

I've tested this thing thoroughly and it works fine in the mentioned areas. So it has to be something in the configuration on your side causing the rectangles.

[attachment=59556] [attachment=59555]

I know the hack is 'dated' by now, but the reason I haven't updated it is because the code doesn't work with the new GSdx versions, but you don't really need the latest GSdx for this game, as I played through it from start to finish with no issues at all. The only 'issue' that exists using the patched GSdx is that there's a 1px border on the top and topleft of the screen. (Which is really very minor, and you can get around this again if you really must; by setting the Zoom to 101~102%)
Pages: 1 2 3