..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS drops on Lenovo Y50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Recently Ive had an interest on playing the game Urban Reign on my laptop with the emulator. My laptop is pretty strong.

Lenovo Y50
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ CPU @2.60GHz (8CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

While I'm aware I can't run all games smoothly, I expected games like Urban Reign would. I use the Balanced preset with the avx plugin. 
My FPS is mostly around 60 but sometimes it drops drastically along with sound lag.

Is there anything I can do to improve this?
Make sure the MTVU speedhack is on in Config - Emulation Settings - Speedhacks.

Also check the EE and GS rates in the title bar of the game window. If one is at or near 100% during the fps drops, you might want to drop the preset and manually tweak the appropriate Cyclerate slider in the speedhack tab to see if it improves the situation.
At first EE was around 20-40 and GS <20. I tried to mess around with the cyclerater and vu cyclestealer. And EE got upped to 40-60 and GS 20-60. It never hit the 100 percent mark.
I still have problems with FPS drops which makes my game lags. Anyone knows a solution?
(04-18-2016, 05:36 PM)TECK Wrote: [ -> ]I still have problems with FPS drops which makes my game lags. Anyone knows a solution?

did you set power plan to high performance ?
are you running on batteries ?
What happens during the speed drops? Do you get heavy graphics or level switch or is it just happening randomly without any reason and even if you stand still?
PC is on a high performance and Ive set everything to Performance instead of Balanced or Quality. No batteries.

During the speed drops the screen gets mostly stuck for 1-3 seconds. It mostly occurs during gameplay not during cutscenes. I think me standing still makes it less worse but I havent tested it.
are you playing straight from your original PS2 DVD ?
(04-19-2016, 07:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]are you playing straight from your original PS2 DVD ?

No its an ISO file
weird.
tried disabling intel speedstep ?
Pages: 1 2