..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Mirror Effect in Ultimate Spider-Man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to play my copy of Ultimate Spider-man on version 1.4.0 of PCSX2 and Here are my specs (Windows 10, Intel Core i7-5500u CPU @ 2.40GHZ 2.39GHZ).

So The problem I'm having is this weird mirror effect during cutscenes and Its even happening during the Activision and Marvel logo clips at the start of the game on boot up.

I am using the default Direct3D 11 software mode settings with 2 render threads because the game gets glitchy In hardware mode and it seems everyone has that problem, not just me xD. 

I put green arrows in the two pictures attached, to point you to the problem on the left of the screen if you can not see it. It's way more noticeable when you are actuality playing the game.
Have you tried the latest git version?
Possibly it is solved by the recent crtc changes of ssakash.
Still the same, anything else that may help?
I can live with the fmv's being like that but the game is so slow! The speed hacks don't seem to be working, must be because its one of those open world games so It needs a lot of ram? Idk.
nope your cpu's the culprit.
it's probably too weak for this game
Yeah I believe so. I mean this is the only game I have encountered so far that lags like this, all the other games I got are fine. There is probably no fix for this.
with that CPU, probably not.
you can still follow the basic steps to improve things a bit :
- Make sure you aren't running on batteries
- Set windows power plan to high performance
- set extra sw rendering threads to 3
- tick all recommended speeedhacks
- tinker with ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing speedhacks to get as close as possible to normal gamespeed

But don't expect miracles.
FYI, i get full speed in this game with my CPU, but my STP is around 2000 while yours is around 1600.
Better keep playing this game on your PS2 for now.
Is the issue at screenshot also present on software mode ? If no, then it's not a PCRTC bug. more likely to be a TC bug.
Its both in Software and Hardware. There doesn't seem to be a speed up when I change the EE cycle and VU cycle values in the speed hack menu, weird.
Hmm, interesting. Could you provide a GS dump of the issue ? I might look into it some time later.