..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy 12 Config.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FF12 PAL running on Europe Bios. Using latest 0.9.6
I have it running about 75% speed, its not too bad, but i have seen videos of it going full speed, and other members reporting it.
2.4GHZ quad core, 2GB RAM. XP

Config:

I would like a link to the later plug in or the one that would run the best for FF12 on a ATi 2400 XT.
My current plugin is Gsdx9 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4

Windowed
Direct3D9
Pixel Shader 3.0
No interlacing
Native checked
Texture filtering,Log Z and Alpha correction checked.

CPU:
Check frameskip

Speedhacks:
Used them all,default,1.5,2. not much difference in change in framerate.
Enable IOP x2 cycle checked.

Thanks in advance for any Help. Rather new at this.
I have FFX running fine if thats any help.
(04-02-2009, 09:19 AM)Digitaldude Wrote: [ -> ]FF12 PAL running on Europe Bios. Using latest 0.9.6
I have it running about 75% speed, its not too bad, but i have seen videos of it going full speed, and other members reporting it.
2.4GHZ quad core, 2GB RAM. XP

Config:

I would like a link to the later plug in or the one that would run the best for FF12 on a ATi 2400 XT.
My current plugin is Gsdx9 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4

Windowed
Direct3D9
Pixel Shader 3.0
No interlacing
Native checked
Texture filtering,Log Z and Alpha correction checked.

CPU:
Check frameskip

Speedhacks:
Used them all,default,1.5,2. not much difference in change in framerate.
Enable IOP x2 cycle checked.

Thanks in advance for any Help. Rather new at this.
I have FFX running fine if thats any help.

If i am not mistaken, i believe all quad cores support at least SSSE3, so u can use that plugin. This is an assumption as you haven't specified the exact name of the cpu.
For beginning movie you will see fps at.60fps/full (NTSC) but not FMV ingame. Try directx.10/vista, disable Aero fiture, this game can give you more fps with compatible directx.10 grapich card.
Try software mode too (sw3/4) for your quadcore cpu with latest gsdx plugin ver.868 0.1.14.
Your GSDX version is outdated. Ati cards aren't that good for GSDX. DX10 gives much better performance over DX9.

And, btw, 2.4GHz is pretty slow for FFXII overall.
(04-02-2009, 10:11 AM)Register Wrote: [ -> ]For beginning movie you will see fps at.60fps/full (NTSC) but not FMV ingame. Try directx.10/vista, disable Aero fiture, this game can give you more fps with compatible directx.10 grapich card.

Thats correct, in game movies run fine but in game does not.
Are you saying i need a new graphic card?

I will also try and hunt down ver.868 0.1.14.

thanks for the replies.

EDIT: from what you guys say, i can assume its the graphics plugin, could someone recommened the most effective one and a link if possible.
Thanks
Hello Guys I just joined the fourm, do you think FF XII will work on older pcs? I have an amd xp3200 cpu (2.5 ghz) and 1 GB of ram with a nvidia 6800. I also use Ubuntu Linux.

Im asking because the shop near me has a copy for £5 so ill go grab it if its likley to run playable.
It's of course unlikely to run playable. It may, of course, run, but at 10 fps.
(04-02-2009, 09:41 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]It's of course unlikely to run playable. It may, of course, run, but at 10 fps.

Ok thanks for the reply Smile I may just try and grab a cheap ps2 if I can find one.
(04-02-2009, 09:46 PM)Frazer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2009, 09:41 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]It's of course unlikely to run playable. It may, of course, run, but at 10 fps.

Ok thanks for the reply Smile I may just try and grab a cheap ps2 if I can find one.

"Cheap" ps2? You know, they are sold for about 50$ these days used... isn't that cheap enough?
Pages: 1 2 3