..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Usability and Nightly 64-bit version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been downloading nightly builds from Orphis for years and I love it. I think there are only 2 more things that the developers need to solidify to make this an outstanding emulator

1. More general usability in the GUI, I commonly try to help people who aren't very tech-savvy get started with PCSX2 because its hard to use initially (I think they should take a note from Henrik Rydgard and the PPSSPP project, very clean, easy to use GUI, and setup)

2. I know that a 64-bit version is in the works but I think it would be nice to see the 64-bit versions on the buildbot site even if they are not ready for general use, I would keep the 32-bit version for general use and test the 64 for bugs and such (yes I can build it but building it every time there is a new update? Thats several times a day sometimes)
UI improvements are probably relatively low on the developers' TODO list, and they don't really have the manpower to dedicate to an overhaul. 64 bit builds aren't just "not ready for general use", they are utterly broken and completely nonfunctional. Trying to provide them right now would be a waste of resources.
Quote:(yes I can build it but building it every time there is a new update? Thats several times a day sometimes)
OoO, that the first time someone complain ( I ) do too many commits Tongue2

Currently all the work is for GSdx. So openGL got all loves and goodies but others improvements are stalled.
(05-17-2016, 07:53 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]OoO, that the first time someone complain ( I ) do too many commits Tongue2

Currently all the work is for GSdx. So openGL got all loves and goodies but others improvements are stalled.

I only check the commits to see how  busy  you keep your self lmao