..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Win 10-crashing after enumerating plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Win 10 64 bit.  3770k GTX 960 16 GB RAM
Unsure what is going on here. 

I was able to run the emulator with no issue 5-6 months ago. I wanted to play some PS2 games and can't get it to work.
Here is what happens.

I download the emulator. I put the bios where it needs to be. 

I then run the emulator. It gets to the point where it asks me to pick language then I hit next. It says enumerating plugins. But then it seems to crash right after that. I never get to the plugin selection screen nothing happens. Tried installing it uninstalling etc with same results. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Can you show us the error?
(05-21-2016, 06:48 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Can you show us the error?

That is the issue. I am not getting an error message or anything. It is just crashing. 

I will see if I can find a way to record a small video of my screen and upload what happens to my youtube account so maybe someone can see what I am doing wrong.
Here is a video of what is happening. Sorry for music and watermark on video. I didn't have any other apps to do this Smile

https://youtu.be/nAUpd-2bip4
It appears you have malware
Rename the plugins directory to something like plugins_ and try running pcsx2 again
If it's not crashing again,then you must find which plugin is responsible for this(removing all=>testing=>restoring one=>testing=>....until it crashes)

I would leave only those,remove the rest and try
FWnull.dll
GSdx32-AVX2.dll
LilyPad.dll
SPU2-X.dll
USBnull.dll

DEV9null.dll

One other thing you could try(if that don't work)is to open regedit(type it in the start menu),the go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCSX2 and if you don't see RunWizard on the right side,create a new dword value with RunWizard for a name and 0 for a value and try running pcsx2 again
(05-21-2016, 11:35 PM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]It appears you have malware

Seriously? How can you tell?
Maybe by looking at the lower right in the video
(05-22-2016, 12:10 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Rename the plugins directory to something like plugins_ and try running pcsx2 again
If it's not crashing again,then you must find which plugin is responsible for this(removing all=>testing=>restoring one=>testing=>....until it crashes)

I would leave only those,remove the rest and try
FWnull.dll
GSdx32-AVX2.dll
LilyPad.dll
SPU2-X.dll
USBnull.dll

DEV9null.dll

One other thing you could try(if that don't work)is to open regedit(type it in the start menu),the go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCSX2 and if you don't see RunWizard on the right side,create a new dword value with RunWizard for a name and 0 for a value and try running pcsx2 again

Weirdest thing ever. I renamed the folder plugins_ and I got to where I could configure plugins but none of them were showing up. But it didn't crash the system. I deleted all of those ones you said and went back to old name and still crashed. 

I went to regedit and under users/software. I coudln't find a PCSX option. Any idea where it would be ? Maybe that would fix it.

Going to try to grab my laptop and see what happens if I try it on there.This is just bizarre. I ran this emulator 6-8 months ago with no issues. 
Try running pcsx2 as administrator...something happens when pcsx2 tries to load the plugins(it can also be some external software that is making pcsx2 to crash)
Pages: 1 2