..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lag on Persona 4, please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently upgraded to my new GPU, an ASUS R9 380 DIRECT CU II 4GB GAMING EDITION, and wonderful pcsx2 responds by giving me a 15 fps slowdown! I used to use an XFX R7 240 2GB, which ran fine, (a solid 60fps, with the occasional slowdown due to a graphically intensive enemy, eg: shadow yukiko, Wealth hand etc) until I upgraded. I used pcsx2 version 1.2.1, and gave me no issues. I tried upgrading to 1.4.0, but no dice. I used GPU tweak II to manually clock my video card to about 1010MHz, still, no dice. Any help would be nice...
----Specs----
GPU: ASUS R9 380 DIRECT CU II 4GB STRIX GAMING EDITION
CPU: AMD FX-6300 (six cores) @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 4GB
MOBO (probably doesn't matter): MSI 970A-G46
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Black 7200RPM
(note: my gpu or anything isn't faulty, because I can run very graphically intensive games like GTA V and Fallout 4 on high settings at a solid 60fps.)
what do the ee% & gs% say when it slows down ?
(06-10-2016, 08:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what do the ee% & gs% say when it slows down ?

I will check tommorow, a little late now.
(06-10-2016, 08:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what do the ee% & gs% say when it slows down ?

The EE stays around 90% capping at 100%, the lowest it reached was about 80%. The GS was about 7~10%, capping out at 12%.
I guess your cpu is struggling, then.
(06-10-2016, 10:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I guess your cpu is struggling, then.

So there's nothing I can do to fix it? Like I said I had no issues running it with my old GPU.
(06-10-2016, 06:53 PM)AdeTheDragon Wrote: [ -> ]So there's nothing I can do to fix it? Like I said I had no issues running it with my old GPU.

Overclock it , Enable speedhacks , play in software mode.
(06-10-2016, 07:03 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock it , Enable speedhacks , play in software mode.

Overclock my CPU? And what speedhacks need to be enabled? I use the MTVU hack, INTC, Wait loop, Mvu Flag Hack, do I need to enable EE cyclerate or VU cycle stealing?
(06-10-2016, 07:03 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock it , Enable speedhacks , play in software mode.

I'm sorry to everyone, who tried to help, I'm a total idiot! It turns out eco mode was enabled in my BIOS, for no reason! I don't even remember turning that on! It now runs at 60fps.
(06-10-2016, 07:25 PM)AdeTheDragon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to everyone, who tried to help, I'm a total idiot! It turns out eco mode was enabled in my BIOS, for no reason! I don't even remember turning that on! It now runs at 60fps.

There is another very important thing to do when playing games especially emulated games.
Make sure to set your windows to high performance and not balanced (default) or power saver.
It will help a lot!