..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus - Problem with #11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,
this is my first time to write in this forum, so please apologize mistakes in form and/or descriptions.
I use PCSX2 0.9.6. to (finally) play Shadow of the Colossus and so far it worked - nearly - perfectly. The problem that occured now is the following one:
During the battle against coloss #11 I ought to climb up one of the pedestals and then the coloss should bump into it, causing a piece of wood to fall down. Well, it neither bumps into the pedestal nor a plank falls down. It seems like the coloss doesn't notice that it "should" run into the pedestal.
I had similar problems with coloss 8 or 9 - the one crawling up the walls. At the beginning it just stood arround no matter what I did. After a while I started to work on the tuning of the emulator and after I switched from DirectX10 to 9 it worked all fine. Again I thought it could be the same problem and I switched DirectX but the boar still doesn't run into the pedestal. I continued switching from GSDX to ZEROGS (both newest version), but it didn't change anything. Did anyone of you had a similar problem and knows a way to solve it?
Here my pc's properties:
Genuine Intel Duo Core @ 2.20GHz
2GB Ram
NVidia NB8P-SE
(it's a samsung laptop)
Vista Home with SP1, updated daily

my plugin configuration:
graphics:
GSDx890(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.0.14
Direct3D10(Hardware)
Native resolution
no texture filtering
no wait vsync
(the last two options I turned off, AFTER the problem with coloss #11 occured)

LilyPad 0.9.9
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 (Time Scaling and Real Time mode on, everything else off)
Bios: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
the rest remained like in standard configuration

speedhacks:
EE Sync Hacks x3

I hope all this helps you in understanding my problem. I am glad for EVERY help you can offer. I only want to play this game (after waiting more than one and half a year...)

thanks,
hezhihu
First try using default cycle and also put both clamping options in advanced to full and extra+sign
I tried it, but the boar still doesn't run against the pedestal. I also tried both options seperatly leading both to the same result.
ha, I MADE IT!!!! I'm not quite sure to WHY it worked, but after switching Round Mode to Nearest it worked, I DEFEATED THE BOAR. okay, I know that this ain't a hard one, but I can go on playing!
Thanks a lot Bositman for the idea with the advanced options!
greetz,
hezhihu