..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cannot setup PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to get this to work. I am trying to install the latest stable release. But it keeps suggesting I update directx, which I do. And it always repeats the message.
It then says the select GS plugin failed to load, and something about the software or hardware not being supported.

Which is bs, because my pc is a beast.
Intel 5930k processor
x2 980 Ti gpus
ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard
16gb memory
SSD
I tried. I ran that, then manually ran the setup. But it still gives me issues Sad
Where exactly is this d3dx9 being installed?
No matter what I do it can't find d3dx9_43.dll
(06-14-2016, 05:44 AM)YamiJustin Wrote: [ -> ]I tried. I ran that, then manually ran the setup. But it still gives me issues Sad
Where exactly is this d3dx9 being installed?

Sorry if this sounds rude but...you actually downloaded that 95mb file or you just saw that this is the download page for the directx and though "I tried that already")
Did you also tried running the installer as admin(right click on the exe)
It's ok. Yes, I did download that. I ran it and it asked me to select a folder to extract to, which I used documents folder.
I manually need to run the DXSETUP right? I did that too.
I'm not quite sure where the files from the DXSETUP get stored though..
Also, regardless if I select yes or no to "do you want to download the latest direct x", I then get a message saying the plugin failed to load for whichever GS plugin I select.
sigh.. i am at a loss
did you get any error message when installing directx redist ?
I had to reinstall all of Windows, because direct x was seriously screwed up. Works now Smile