..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with Front Mission 5 configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have emulation and plugin setting recommendations for Front Mission 5 to get it running smoothly in hardware render mode without all the audio and video glitches/artifacts? (i.e. no shadows, screen flicker during cutscenes, smeared textures, etc)

Also, are there any tips for running it in software mode without slowdowns if all else fails? It runs pretty well thus far in software render but I still get random lag spikes and slowdowns during combat and am wondering if there's a way to mitigate that.

I'm currently running everything on default (safe preset) in emulation settings and D3D11 for Hardware rendering. Currently back to default in the video plugin after messing around with the settings and not getting any results.

I'm using PCSX 1.50, revision f9ebc0b with the EN Patched ISO for Front Mission 5.

Current BIOS is Japan v02.20(05/09/2006) (SCPH-90006_BIOS_VX_HK _220)

PC Specs:
Intel i7-3770K @4 GHz
NVIDIA GTX 680
Corsair 8 GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS Sabertooth Z77
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I'm really new to using PCSX2 so I'm still not sure what all the settings do and would really appreciate some advice.
Anyone out there who might be able to help? I've been looking at other threads concerning FM5 configs, but I always end up with pretty noticeable glitches still in hardware mode.
do you get the same glitches if you don't apply the translation patch to your game ?
(07-21-2016, 02:32 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]do you get the same glitches if you don't apply the translation patch to your game ?

Haven't tried an unpatched ISO yet. Give me a bit and I'll see if the problems persist.
just pop your DVD in, no need to remake an iso without patching. It'll be quicker