..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Weird issues with the floor in Kingdom Hearts II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there, just wanted to run a quick issue by some of the more knowledgeable people here. I'm currently running the latest beta on the latest GSDx (version 868, I think), and although the game runs great, the floor is consistently messed up, with weird colors or moving lines or other oddities. Parts of the floor are normal, but others are out of whack. I'm using Dx10 and P.S. 3.0, texture filtering and logrithmic z, alpha correction, and running at 1360x768, D3D internal res. 1920x1080. Every speed hack is on except cycle rate x3. Any suggestions? Also, I occasionally get some flickering textures in Persona 4, but it's much less of an issue. Thanks.

Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
4 Gigs RAM
Core 2 Duo E8400@3Ghz
8800gt
gabest added this bug in some rev or gsdx. I told him about it GSDX thread, but so far it isn't fixed. Use earlier verion of gsdx to play KHII, it doesn't affect performance in any way.
Ah, I was thinking it might be something like that, thanks. I'll try an earlier version.
Try the DX9 hardware renderer. That fixes it for me
Thanks Bositman, I'll try that as well. While I'm here, anyone have any tips for the flickering in Persona 4? Or is it just a general emulation issue that will be ironed with time? For some reason, version 868 of GSDx is the only version that doesn't make everything really blurry, or "double imagey" on Persona, don't know what that's about. There was also some slowdown recently when there had been none previously, but it might just have been a random hiccup. Not crucial, just putting it out there, thanks again.
try setting one of the other 3 options in Config->Cpu instead of VUSkip Smile
(04-06-2009, 01:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Try the DX9 hardware renderer. That fixes it for me

It fixes, but DX9 is still slower.
Obviously it is. You can't have everything though can you? Tongue
(04-07-2009, 11:30 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously it is. You can't have everything though can you? Tongue

Well, that's why the best solution is just to simply use an earlier rev. Even 0.1.7 works great.
Well not for everyone. In my system I get full speed even on DX9 mode,with the added goodies of the latest release. So the best solution is pretty much dependent on the user and his system
Pages: 1 2