..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game Controller Config using PCSX2 via remote access to another computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

My son set his computer up so I could log into his computer remotely using my laptop, so I could use his PCSX2, but when I plug my game controller into my laptop, I cannot program the game controller.

Is there a way to get his computer to recognize that the game controller is plugged into my laptop.
using TSE, maybe.
else, I don't think so
(08-03-2016, 09:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]using TSE, maybe.
else, I don't think so

I don't even know what TSE stands for; however, my son might.  I will check with him.

Thanks for your reply.
Try adding PCSX2 as non-steam game, and use inhome streaming.
if you're using remote desktop, go into the options, then local resources and configure it to forward other supported PnP devices.. That should forward your usb controller..
(08-04-2016, 02:36 AM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]if you're using remote desktop, go into the options, then local resources and configure it to forward other supported PnP devices.. That should forward your usb controller..

Thanks for the information Scythefwd.  
Currently, I can only remote log into his desktop if he's not going to be using it.
Is there a way for me to remote log on while he's still logged on so we can both use it?

Update: We tried your suggestion from his computer, found it, enabled it but still no go. Yes the controller works.
We also enabled it from the laptop too that i'm using to connect to his computer.
cma - isntead of launching the remotedesktop app from the gui, try using mstsc.exe /console or mstsc.exe /admin ... It may let you start up a second connection, but I wouldnt expect to be gaming both at the same time... Shoot, without a hell of a connection between the two, I'd worry about lag big time.

So the PnP option didnt work huh? I might actually ahve to turn on my server and see if I can get my controller to work and be recognized lol. Wont happen till after this weekend, but it might happen next week.

Yeah, you only need to enable it via the system making the connection. You might also want to see if device manager see's the game pad when you have remoted in.. maybe unplug it and plug it back in. I dont think there has been any issues with forwarding devices when I've used usb devices (that said, if its not usb but wireless.. then I'm not sure it would forward.. )

Also, try plugging in the controller into the laptop to make sure it has drivers on that system. When you remote in, the drivers still have to be on the machine you're remoteing into. I know that if I don't have my smart card drivers on my server, when I remote in it says my device isn't supported...
(08-05-2016, 05:31 AM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]cma - isntead of launching the remotedesktop app from the gui, try using mstsc.exe /console or mstsc.exe /admin ... It may let you start up a second connection, but I wouldnt expect to be gaming both at the same time... Shoot, without a hell of a connection between the two, I'd worry about lag big time.

So the PnP option didnt work huh?  I might actually ahve to turn on my server and see if I can get my controller to work and be recognized lol.  Wont happen till after this weekend, but it might happen next week.

Yeah, you only need to enable it via the system making the connection.  You might also want to see if device manager see's the game pad when you have remoted in.. maybe unplug it and plug it back in.  I dont think there has been any issues with forwarding devices when I've used usb devices (that said, if its not usb but wireless.. then I'm not sure it would forward.. )

Also, try plugging in the controller into the laptop to make sure it has drivers on that system.  When you remote in, the drivers still have to be on the machine you're remoteing into.  I know that if I don't have my smart card drivers on my server, when I remote in it says my device isn't supported...

Thanks again for your time.  I will have my son look into what you've put about device manager.  I hope your server test goes well.
Haven't even powered it on in a month.. will take some free time before I can lol. That and the usb ports are hella to get at, requires me to move desks to plug in my usb peripherals
My son is upstairs double checking that the controller has the drivers installed into my logon on his desktop.

Won't know until tomorrow because he's online atm.
Speaking of that, most of the time I wouldn't be playing when he was online.
I like to play from my laptop not his room...typical teenage room = mess & smell.