..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sly 2 having general issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've emulated for a while, so I'm fairly familiar with the settings and such and have gotten several games to run well, but one of my favorites is throwing me for a loop.
Sly Cooper 2 is known as a problem game, and I know that, but I've gotten it mostly fixed except that it only lags in game when there are lasers/hologram effects on the screen. I've had to try numerous things to find a nice balance of fps and graphics. Below are the specs of the computer I'm using and the settings for the emulator.

Specs:
OS- Windows 8.1 64 bit
Proc- Intel i7-4790 CPU 3.60 GHz
RAM- 16.0 GB
Gfx Card- Geforce GTX 760 ti

Sorry for using links but I was too lazy to use anything but imgur, and the res messed up on one of them.
http://imgur.com/vrFSKaB
http://imgur.com/7gANm05
What are the EE, GS and VU % values when it is going slow?
EE- Averages 9-18% sometimes as low as 4%
GS- 9-24% sometimes as high as 30%
VU- 19-24% 
Sometimes all of these drop to 0% very briefly with GS at 1%
This is while facing the lasers at the second mission? I've had some other random lag spikes but I adjusted settings and it fixed it, this one is stumping me though. If I face him away from the slightly distant lasers, the fps jumps back up.
Does the slowdown also happen with MSAA and Anistropic filtering off?

And have you tried running the game with the latest git release?
(08-07-2016, 04:46 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Does the slowdown also happen with MSAA and Anistropic filtering off?

And have you tried running the game with the latest git release?

I honestly can't believe I didn't try that before, knowing they are high performance settings and this game's history of lag. Though it takes a fairly harsh graphics hit from them being off, it did fix the issue. Thanks so much!

Also, I haven't, but with this fixing it, I'll reserve that in case I want to try and up the graphics again, or encounter another problem ^-^