..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CPU allocation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
deleted
you don't find it in the task manager Laugh, you find it in config->graphics (to configure the graphics plugin you have set, so you must be sure that you have the right gpu plugin in config->configure Tongue)
1 for PCSX2 and 1 for GSdx, not 2/2.
and that solution is called MTGS mode Smile

there is no use for quad cores on pcsx2 at the moment, nor does it guarentee 100% frame rate.

the very best you can do is set GSDX software mode to use 3 rendering threads, that could potentially span across all 4 cores then, but i wouldnt guarentee it would be massively faster
(04-08-2009, 03:11 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]and that solution is called MTGS mode Smile

there is no use for quad cores on pcsx2 at the moment, nor does it guarentee 100% frame rate.

the very best you can do is set GSDX software mode to use 3 rendering threads, that could potentially span across all 4 cores then, but i wouldnt guarentee it would be massively faster

I've tried this on my rig and it is a definite slowdown. Those with the Q9xxx series or the i7 might have better luck, especially since the i7's have 8 cores to play with in software mode Tongue
With my core i7, I get pretty good fps with GSDX (assigned 6 threads) in software mode.
(04-08-2009, 04:24 PM)Scant Wrote: [ -> ]With my core i7, I get pretty good fps with GSDX (assigned 6 threads) in software mode.

I bet you do! /jealous
(04-08-2009, 04:25 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet you do! /jealous

Yep Wink /rubbing it in

Smile
deleted
You must first set the renderer to DX9 software or DX10 software.
Then change the SW rend. threads to 3 (for a quad core). If you don't have that option you are using a really old GSdx version
Pages: 1 2