..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Display crashes every few minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About every 10 minutes or so, my display crashes while in game. It seems to occur even when the game is performing well and it happens in most games I play.

My specs can be found in my signature and I am using the git build from 8/23. I'm using the OGL renderer in hardware mode.
(08-29-2016, 04:33 AM)sevin Wrote: [ -> ]About every 10 minutes or so, my display crashes while in game. It seems to occur even when the game is performing well and it happens in most games I play.

My specs can be found in my signature and I am using the git build from 8/23. I'm using the OGL renderer in hardware mode.

what game you play ?
(08-29-2016, 05:03 AM)deroronoazorro Wrote: [ -> ]what game you play ?

GT3/4, Scooby-Doo Night of 100 Frights, Ace Combat 04, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. The list goes on.
I'd recommend continuously running something like heaven or firestrike to check the stability of your GPU
(08-29-2016, 05:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend continuously running something like heaven or firestrike to check the stability of your GPU

I have both of those programs, my scores have been pretty high in both. I also monitor my GPU using MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner statistics while in-game and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
What are your pscs2/GSdx settings and which pcsx2 version are you using
Likely big upscale (or large framebuffer enabled) which consume all memory. Then BOOM
What does "Display crash" mean? visual bugs but the game still plays? PCSX2 crashes and needs to be restarted? the display driver crashes and restarts itself? the computer crashes (blue screen) or hangs and needs reboot?
(08-29-2016, 06:12 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]What are your pscs2/GSdx settings and which pcsx2 version are you using

The git build from 8/23.

[Image: 95efba68d4.png]

[Image: 1cbee29ed5.png]

[Image: 6fa0b02b77.png]

(08-29-2016, 11:43 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Likely big upscale (or large framebuffer enabled) which consume all memory. Then BOOM

I have not noticed any VRAM spikes when this occurs. Everything stays at normal levels as far as I can tell.

(08-29-2016, 12:34 PM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]What does "Display crash" mean? visual bugs but the game still plays? PCSX2 crashes and needs to be restarted? the display driver crashes and restarts itself? the computer crashes (blue screen) or hangs and needs reboot?

The display driver crashes and restarts. Both screens go black until I shake my mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.
looks like a screensaver matter to me ...
Pages: 1 2