..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Resident Evil Code Veronica X Missing door/textures in areas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a strange issue I have not seemed to be able to find any other help on, which brings me here. In some areas of the game, the rendering of the rooms seems to just cut off or doors won't render, leaving a blank space in its absence. Walking into the section of the room with the door/cut render will cause it to reappear, then disappearing again when viewing it from another camera angle. Could anyone figure why this is or what plugins/emulation settings I should try? I've messed around with the lot of them myself to no effect, as well as trying both hardware and software rendering modes. I am using an ISO of the game.

Issue: [attachment=60955][attachment=60956]

Settings: [attachment=60957][attachment=60958][attachment=60959]

PC Specs:  [attachment=60960][attachment=60961]
I don't think it's a PCSX2 issue, I think it's simply how the game is.

It's shown due to the widescreen patch. There's nothing we can really do, except:

-Beg Capcom to port their remaster to PC
-Suck it up

I played the game tho with the widescreen patch, and that's probably the worst example of it. I promise you it's not that bad later on.
This is a hardware problem or your configuration with PCSX2.

Don't use OpenGL it ruins a lot of games, use GSDX11.
When you don't know what you're talking about, maybe it's time to just be quiet about these things ...
(09-13-2016, 08:08 AM)Eloris Wrote: [ -> ]When you don't know what you're talking about, maybe it's time to just be quiet about these things ...

Play Gran Turismo 4 in OpenGL.
In fact tell us all here how incorrect i or anyone else is since you are so hot on this topic.
(09-13-2016, 03:14 PM)lokifire90 Wrote: [ -> ]Play Gran Turismo 4 in OpenGL.
In fact tell us all here how incorrect i or anyone else is since you are so hot on this topic.

I think Eloris was talking about this :

Quote:Don't use OpenGL it ruins a lot of games

OGL is clearly the most accurate renderer ATM. Even if, as you said :

Quote:Play Gran Turismo 4 in OpenGL.

But GT4 isn't " a lot of games".
Got the difference ?
First off, the issue discussed here has nothing to do with any hardware configuration or choice of renderer, as you so ignorantly claim. Widescreen hacks are just that, hacks - sometimes the wider field of view means you'll see missing geometry or staging areas for NPCs etc.

Secondly, GT4 in D3D looks nothing like the game is supposed to look - the lighting is completely wrong. Boot up your PS2 and compare it yourself. The openGL renderer is much more accurate, both in GT4's specific case and in general, as anyone should know that pays even the slightest bit of attention to the development of PCSX2. That can come at the cost of increased hardware requirements, but such is the nature of more accurate emulation.
I would love to see it but can't due to a huge black square when racing.
But since you know everything you can teach us all.
GT4 in D3D11
GT4 in OGL
Spot the difference.

If you have issues, maybe instead of talking big make your own thread and ask others for help. This is the last I'll post in this one as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
It isn't the first time that someone complain on the black square. It is potentially related to external tool or windows crazyness.
Pages: 1 2