..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slowdowns on some games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • CPU: AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, Six-Core, 3.5GHz 
  • GPU: Nvidia Quadro 600, 1GB, 128-bit DDR3,
  • Memory: Corsair Dominator (not Platinum), 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz,
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• PCSX2 1.4.0 (the latest official release)

• I'm using only the standard plugins with a Logitech F310 controller

• Games played:Bakusou Dekotora Densetsu: Otoko Hanamichi Yume Roman and Shin Bakusou Dekotora Densetsu, both by ISO.
Problem: The slowdowns occurs on both games, but in the OHYR occurs another issue, the highway where the races occur do not appear and I can't see the traffic cars and the opponent trucks. The song plays normally (but a bit slow) and the trucker voice plays normally (but a bit slow too as the music). Also I can't see my truck in OHYR. The only SBDD problem for me is the sound slowdown. I tried to lower the resolution to 800x600 and 640x480, but the game still play slow.
Also, I don't know if that's a bug in the game or PCSX2, but in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Tag Force Evolution (by ISO too, only in tag duels) when I set the card "Prickle Fairy" (Plant/300/2000), my duel partner either flip summon or change that card to Attack Position and attack a stronger card, destroying it and causing me to lose Life Points.
Included my PCSX2 config as attachment photos.
Moved out of bug reports. Slowdown is usually not a bug, and bug reports should be made for individual games.

And please try the latest git release: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
It could solve some of your issues.

Do the traffic and trucks in OHYR show up in software mode?
Hi people i Have similar slow downs in Wipe Out Fusion Pal there are 3 or 4 places in the 1 race  where i experience slows in limited FPS and max fps ,i tried last few GIT builds ...oficial etc  even i have compiled  from today Git my self Visual studio 2015 update3,and  checked the DX11/9/OGL hardware  and software  mods with full 16 threads on xeon e5-2650  rendering :Smilend appear  that  GS is not problem  cause i can  run 8x msAA and 3x native resolution  almost the  same places slows.. only thing  helped a little when i messed with EE and VU cycles a bit .... so the fps vary  from 36 (74) % to alomst 100 (200)% eg most of the race is very high just on these few is drooping , ii want to understand beter watz going on  thanks.
I've tried with the link's latest build the OHYR with Software mode with DX11, DX9 and OGL, but the road, traffic and trucks still not appear.
the slowdowns are to be expected on a weak cpu.
that said, OHYR isn't a game we have tested yet.
so, it may be a core bug.
(09-20-2016, 03:45 AM)SmashingPants67 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried with the link's latest build the OHYR with Software mode with DX11, DX9 and OGL, but the road, traffic and trucks still not appear.
Go to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs tab, and try changing the settings there one at a time.
I've tried changing all one at a time, but nothing, but on night races I can see the truck lights, forcing me to play by the game's radar.
New version is a last resource for me to play the game.
EDIT: Tried on a GTX 750 Ti (2GB) and still won't solved, so isn't a GPU problem, but in the emulator.