..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: (POWERFUL PC) Ratchet and Clank Texture Problems Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As some of you know Ratchet and Clank has some texture problems. I was researching quite a bit and after sometime I managed to fix it somehow. I had to set Direct3D to software, which fixed the texture problems BUT didn't allow me to increase the quality, so the game looks very pixelated. I have a PC that should be able to handle almost all settings which would help me in this situation. 

GTX 1060 6GB
i7 6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz
16GB RAM
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Motherboard
Get the latest git built from the main website and use that in either Direct3D 11 or OpenGL mode, it will be fast and look fine then Smile
Don't forget to enable mipmapping once you get the latest git.
The thing is I want it to not have the texture problems (which requires OpenGL in software mode) but the resolution to 4x Native (which doesn't work in software mode). Also, I tested it a bit with the latest build and it isn't as stable as before. I get fps drops. Could you suggest me some general and plugin settings?

Edit: I need the mipmapping for ratchet and clank to render correctly
There is no texture issue in the hw renderer. You can upscale it. However 4x might be too big
(11-11-2016, 08:27 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to enable mipmapping once you get the latest git.

I can't enable mipmapping when I have OpenGL set to hardware, right?

Edit:

Here's a Pic with HW and a good resolution:
[Image: ggVe3Lm.jpg]

Unfortunately as you can see it has texture problems, which annoys me.

Here's the pic with SW:
[Image: f3XmCYf.jpg]

I don't get any texture problems with this one, but I would like to get a better quality if it is possible
You have it in Directx 9 mode, of course it's going to look awful, you need to use DX11 or OpenGL.

and as I said above, make sure you have the latest Git build, not 1.4.0.
I tried all modes, the texture problems happen on every mode when set on SW.
If I set it on HW I can change the resolution and make it look good, but then I can't enable mipmapping
Mipmapping should already be on. if not, edit your gsdx.ini file from the inis folder and add this to the bottom

UserHacks_mipmap = 1
I found the problem:

[Image: kLvXhVz.png]

I had mipmapping set off on Hardware Mode
Pages: 1 2