..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help for running KH2 properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening guys.
I'm Claudio, a pleasure to meet you all. Here's the thing: I had the great idea to play again one of my favourite PS2 titles, which is Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix.
I'll start off with my PC specs:
EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
AMD FX 8320 w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212x ( stock clock )
16GB of DDR3 RAM 1600HZ
250GB SSD
1TB HDD
I've noticed something odd - the game feels really slowed down or kinda choppy. I've firstly tried with the latest version of PCSX2 downloaded from the original website, the 1.4.0. The game, via Afterburner, showed a costant 59.9 FPS but it looked to me like a sluggish 40-50, expecially in the first combat against Seifer. I've also noticed a slow camera rotation, which you all can notice if it's smooth or choppy ( meaning 60 fps or lower ).
Since most of the online guides I've found were made on the 1.2.1 version, I decided to give it a shot finding also something about "60 FPS HACK", but I didn't notice any difference with or without it.
What I'm asking here guys is:
  • Can I run this awesome title at 60 FPS?

• If not, what can I do to prevent slowdowns or "inappropriate" performances, considering ( IMHO ) that I'm running this on a capable PC?

• Since I wanna make a clean setup, do you have any tips about version and plugins to run ( with settings too maybe ) ?
Thank you for the patience, hoping to solve this.
Try overclocking a bit, use MTVU, and put the EE cyclerate hack slider up one.
(12-01-2016, 05:29 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Try overclocking a bit, use MTVU, and put the EE cyclerate hack slider up one.

Do you think 4.0 Ghz could help?

Also: what's MTVU?
Yeah, 4ghz should be fine. It's what my friend's 8350 was at when he played KH2

See the attachment
I'll try doing that this evening.

At what voltage should I run my CPU @ 4.0 ?
Couldn't tell you. Not terribly familiar with overclocking on AMD chips.
Thank you for interesting - let's see what others think.

Very grateful for the help man.