..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 2 pcsx2 questions bios + keybinding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there,

i have got 2 questions. and first excuse my bad english couse iam german.

first question is: i use pcsx2 portable with emustation as frontend.
i would like to play my games in german and i must every time
set pcsx2 to no disc , run and configure the bios to language german
and then load the iso and everytime i restart it with emustation
the language of the games is english. is there any chance to
fix this problem?

and the second question is: is there any chance to bind controller key 11 to quit the emulation and close pcsx2?
i solved this atm with the program "joytokey" there i bounded the "escape, alt + f4" keys to button 11. this works
but is not that what i really want.

hope you can give ma an idea or help me out

greets e-neuling
You seem to think the game detects language by pcsx2 setting but thats not how it works. The game itself has to be the german version. or a version with german as a choice. a U.S.A game will not have german in the games data at all. And as to the second question. as far as i know. No, other then joy to key. there is no way to bind pausing the emulation to any button on a controller.
i dont think that pcsx2 chooses the language of the game. my problem is that i have dumped my ps2 bios. and i have burnout dominator european version (includes english and german) i start pcsx2 manually and load the iso then the game starts in english. then i stop emulation. switch pcsx2 to nodisk. start emulation und go to the ps2 bios settings and switch the language to german (it is in the settings in german, i must switch to spanish or whatever and then switch back to german) then i switch pcsx2 to iso mode load the iso and THEN it is in german. i think pcsx2 dont loads the nvm files and creates them with standard settings (english) new on every run. i tried to write protect the .nvm and the other file but then pcsx2 dont starts the emulation becouse the nvm files where write proteced
Quote:You seem to think the game detects language by pcsx2 setting but thats not how it works.
sorry for you, but it is how it works with some multi-language games. They detect your PS2 bios settings and load the game language accordingly.
That's why sometimes you need to perform a full boot to get the correct language.
Quote:a U.S.A game will not have german in the games data at all
in some very rare cases, they do. (games from a German Dev released in USA, for instance)
Quote:And as to the second question. as far as i know. No, other then joy to key. there is no way to bind pausing the emulation to any button on a controller.
This may be of a help
this: <command>%HOME%\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "%ROM_RAW%"</command> is the command
that loads the pcsx2 with the iso. is there a way to tell him to make a full reboot to load the correct language
of the game?
thank you soooo much "--fullboot" was the key Smile

and your tip with "https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/bin/PCSX2_keys.ini.default"
i try to understand but i dont know how the commands for the buttons of my gamepad is.
i searched with google but i dont find anything.
the pcsx2_keys.ini trick will help you getting a more configurable pcsx2, but you can't map your buttons directly using this file.
the thing is pcsx2 core doesn't natively support controllers, it does through plugins only.

as said above byt another user, joy2key, autoit, or any other controller mapper will be required to make things work.

sorry Sad
i got a new question.. in the lilypad.ini where the bindings for the gamepad stored. has got the lilypad plugin control over the pcsx2 code or only for the "emulation window"?

i asked bvecause i dont really understand this text in the pcsx2_keys.ini.default --> # Important: keys which are defined at the input plugin (LilyPad) will override
# shortcuts at this file.
not sure, but i'd say pcsx2 code since I assume what you call "emulation window" is gsdx output ?
Pages: 1 2