..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ps2 start up screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I'm trying to start up Godzilla Save the Earth it sends me to the home screen with the memory cards, I'm not sure if its my downloads or what if you can help please do!
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(01-10-2017, 07:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Without extra Info: this usually happens when trying to boot a game for a different region than your bios actually is. I guess I'm lucky to have an NTSC-U and PAL-EUR console and had both of them dumped, sadly enough they currently reside in storage so I am unable to test if this still happens.
Never had that happen to me before, and I play plenty of games on the 'wrong region'.

Like jes mentioned, can you please post the emulog from after you tried to boot the game and when the problem occurred?
(01-10-2017, 03:44 AM)Matrixmasher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if its my downloads or what

Why are we still helping this guy?

(01-10-2017, 02:51 PM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]Never had that happen to me before, and I play plenty of games on the 'wrong region'.

Then your BIOS has been modchipped, If you dump a bios when a modchip is present it takes the modifications with it, causing the region lock not to function
Yeah one of my consoles has the Matrix Infinity chip in it from way back when. Thing was a god gift since a lot of games weren't released yet in this country, so being able to play the NTSC versions was really nice. #mass-import.

(Not sure if that actually is allowed or not...) Well if all else, I can always use my non-modded console BIOS.