..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Do I need a ps2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this isnt breaking the rules as I am simply asking if I need this or not. I am not asking to get any copy of anything, just simply if I can play my yu-gi-oh duelist of the roses on this with just the disc. I bought the disc itself from a game store near me, but currently do not have a ps2 just a ps4. I was going to try to play it on here so I did not have to buy a ps2.... Is it possible to play it with just having the disc? I just wasn't sure how to get the BIOS on it or if the BIOS even comes form the disc. Like I said, not asking to get a bios, just if its possible... Thanks in advance Smile
(02-10-2017, 02:19 AM)Deadbloodd Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this isnt breaking the rules as I am simply asking if I need this or not. I am not asking to get any copy of anything, just simply if I can play my yu-gi-oh duelist of the roses on this with just the disc. I bought the disc itself from a game store near me, but currently do not have a ps2 just a ps4. I was going to try to play it on here so I did not have to buy a ps2.... Is it possible to play it with just having the disc? I just wasn't sure how to get the BIOS on it or if the BIOS even comes form the disc. Like I said, not asking to get a bios, just if its possible... Thanks in advance Smile

The BIOS comes from the PS2 and that's unfortunately the only way you can get it.

If you absolutely have no way to get a PS2 then you might try Play! which is HLE and thus does not require a BIOS. However compatibility is not very good and speed is slow as well as Play! is not very far along yet. Here's link if you are interested: http://purei.org/
(02-10-2017, 03:00 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]The BIOS comes from the PS2 and that's unfortunately the only way you can get it.

If you absolutely have no way to get a PS2 then you might try Play! which is HLE and thus does not require a BIOS. However compatibility is not very good and speed is slow as well as Play! is not very far along yet. Here's link if you are interested: http://purei.org/

Ok thanks so much for the reply! I do not think play! will work with my current game i want to play. Might just buy my buddies ps2 but since i have the game ill just play it on ps2 opposed to pc. I just figured i could play it on here without piracy stuff since i had the game itself.