..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Just a topic about processors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so basically im running a skylake i7 6700 at 4.0ghz (non k) now ive been testing a few games recently one of them is called the getaway. now theres an issue with the game where it has slowdowns in the cutscenes on the safe faster preset with MTVU hack enabled using OpenGL renderer now i did see someone play it on youtube using an i7 4790k now the thing is he had no slowdowns in the cutscenes at all so what i want to know is does overclocking a CPU benefit the emulator at all because i dont like using speedhacks because espically on the game itself it causes frame skipping and false fps readings i am aware of what speedhacks do and what not. also will this emulator get better in terms of performance? is their some sort of optimization issue with the skylake processors?
It also depends on your video card, Your processor may not be the problem here, and i would recommend not using the presets if you know what they all do. cause the sliders can cause false fps at times as well, and are you using native rendering?. Also that youtube video could be on older software which since its less accurate it would be faster, there are a lot of different issues,  Make sure all your drivers are up to date, Extra rendering threads would only effect software mode, on my settings some games work 60fps everywhere at 8x native, But some other games only work full speed on native, I don't know your system. and I dont know anything about intel processors so im no use there,
(03-02-2017, 03:08 AM)mrchrismania Wrote: [ -> ]is their some sort of optimization issue with the skylake processors?

IIRd, it needed some kind of driver fix. can't recall where to find it, but it has been discussed here on our forums
Also to note, videos on youtube might be directly recorded from PCSX2, so the outputted video could be 60FPS but he might have played the game at 2FPS and you would never have known Smile
(03-02-2017, 07:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]IIRd, it needed some kind of driver fix. can't recall where to find it, but it has been discussed here on our forums

Yes you need latest git version.
(03-02-2017, 11:52 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Also to note, videos on youtube might be directly recorded from PCSX2, so the outputted video could be 60FPS but he might have played the game at 2FPS and you would never have known Smile

hmmm its hard to tell on a youtube video but i do believe he was running full speed because when cutscenes slow down the audio slowdowns with it and the async setting causes the audio not to sync correctly so thats why i use timestrech hopefully newer developer builds with have better speed improvements i just have to wait and see for now.

(03-02-2017, 04:45 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: [ -> ]It also depends on your video card, Your processor may not be the problem here, and i would recommend not using the presets if you know what they all do. cause the sliders can cause false fps at times as well, and are you using native rendering?. Also that youtube video could be on older software which since its less accurate it would be faster, there are a lot of different issues,  Make sure all your drivers are up to date, Extra rendering threads would only effect software mode, on my settings some games work 60fps everywhere at 8x native, But some other games only work full speed on native, I don't know your system. and I dont know anything about intel processors so im no use there,

i run a GTX 1070 so that isnt an issue either.
Did you try the latest GIT as suggested?
(03-02-2017, 10:32 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the latest GIT as suggested?

yeah no difference im just gonna assume the emulator benefits from an overclocked processor.
(03-03-2017, 10:07 PM)mrchrismania Wrote: [ -> ]yeah no difference im just gonna assume the emulator benefits from an overclocked processor.

definitely