..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Opengle not working , d3d11 6fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my computer:

Intel Pentium CPU G645 @ 2.90GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7950 Series
RAM Type    DDR3
Size    12288 MBytes
Channels    Dual

Need some help to get this emulator work at decent speed.
I´ve tried multiple settings and always run at slow speed and crappy sound.
Opengl doesnt work , only d3d11 and d3d9 but ingame speed is unplayable.

Have 16.60.2011-170210a-311202C-ATI drivers installed , lastest version.
You didn't list what games you're trying to run or what settings you're trying to use. Did you try any speedhacks?

As far as your CPU, it has a STR of around 1400. That is pretty weak for PCSX2. They recommend at least 1600, and above 2000 for more demanding games. So don't expect great performance with your rig
This is where the single threaded performance number comes from, by the way: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

An Intel i7 7700K at 5GHz would destroy most games, with 3090 points (theoretically. 2596*5/4.2. If that benchmark doesn't use the 4.5GHz turbo speed, that is).
The only game you might be able to run at a fairly playable speed is probably Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts.
Don't forget to use speedhacks.
(03-23-2017, 04:30 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: [ -> ]The only game you might be able to run at a fairly playable speed is probably Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts.
Don't forget to use speedhacks.
The STR of that CPU is 1300+, not below 800. He should be able play quite a number of games at full speed.

I suggest downloading the latest Drivers for the AMD Radeon GPU from AMD's website and installing those. And make sure PCSX2 is using the AMD GPU and not the Intel iGPU(you should be able to disable it if it isn't already).