..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't select dedicated gpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rightyo legends, here's my problem.

I can't seem to get PCSX2 (any version) to use my graphics card. Normally just using the processor alone (and sometimes some speed hack tinkering) gets the job done. but I really would like to sort this out because I'm trying to play Baldur's Gate and I'm S T Ruggling.

PCSX2 Ver 1.4
CPU i7- 3630QM 2.40Ghz
GPU 7970m

The only option it gives me with the Adapter select is Intel® HD Graphics 4000.

Cheers
Go into your GPU-settings and set pcsx2 to use the proper gpu.

Also, set your power management options to "high performance".
UHH! I don't think that Laptop will even handle Baldurs Gate to be honest. Its one of most demanding game engines on the emulator.
I think chris is on the right track up there. Been a while since I messed with a system that had switchable graphics, but I'm thinking that its done in the NVidia control panel application.
(03-26-2017, 12:43 PM)chriztr Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your GPU-settings and set pcsx2 to use the proper gpu.

Also, set your power management options to "high performance".

Yea no dice -_-
Selected High Performance, Created a profile in RADEON settings, but the card still won't show up in the adapter and no improved performance.

Cheers
well, I'm out of ideas.. at least without sitting at the pc myself.. feel free to ship it to me and I'll take a look at it Wink
Theres always teamveiwer scythefwd
yeah, installing extra sftware ? uhh... nope
no need to install not when theres a portable version of it
i dont run any rdp/remote controls on my systems.. call it paranoia.. i just see it as an api to exploit