..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Nba street 2 settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys this is my first post. I hope not to violate the regulation, but I'm Italian and I struggle to read your discussions. I ask for your help to try to understand why NBA Street 2 starts very slowly, or crashes.

My CPU requirements:
Intel Pentium G4400 3.30 GHz (SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2)
RAM 8 GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400GS 512MB
WIN OS 8.1 64Bit

I tried various settings found on tutorials on the net but the game was even slower.
Can someone help me??.   Smile
Thanks so much
Well, that ancient GPU is really holding you back
(03-29-2017, 05:22 AM)ludidoc Wrote: [ -> ]NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400GS 512MB

This is why your game runs very slowly. You need a better GPU. Til then stick to native resolution and that's the best you can do.
agree with the above comments...also doesnt help that NBA street 2 is not that easy to run to begin with.  also, iirc, you cannot use the MTVU hack with this game, it will crash every time
so the problem is the video card too old? It could be enough a 1GB card or maybe better 2 / 4GB?
P.S. What's the MTVU?
(03-31-2017, 10:26 AM)ludidoc Wrote: [ -> ]so the problem is the video card too old? It could be enough a 1GB card or maybe better 2 / 4GB?
P.S. What's the MTVU?

it's not a matter of Gb.
more a matter of architecture.
get one with a more recent architecture, something that won't cost a lot, like a GTX 750.
that should be fine