..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Will PCSX2 be able to handle CUEs in the near future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that PCSX2 can't handle cue sheets directly. Of course, you can just load the game but what if I have backups I ripped into multiple tracks, especially for PS1 and even some CD based PS2 games? They are all in storage so getting to them to re-rip several hundred games is not really an option right now. Most games I ripped more recently are all one big ISO so it's not a problem but there are a few that won't work quite right and are missing CDDA tracks and such. So, as the title suggests, is there a plan for PCSX2 to be able to handle games ripped this way, especially since PS1 is compatible and well on it's way to being fully usable?

I would just hate to have to re-rip a bunch of games into a different format and mounting them in a virtual drive sure is a hassle.

Thanks! Laugh
Okage Shadow King is in Bin/cue format for me and runs perfectly fine.
If the ISO is ripped in a single BIN or ISO then yes, obviously it would work. You are also not loading a cue file, you are loading the BIN or ISO. This is insufficient for games with CDDA tracks which are very common for the PS1, for example. See, I ripped the games having separated tracks not in the whole disc in one file so the cue sheets are required to be handled properly or the game will simply have no audio. Which is why I would like to be able to do this and am asking my question. Especially since PS1 games are now a thing, this is probably worth doing.
PSX mode is still very WIP. Many games still have missing audio that isn't related to this issue at hand. Just something else to consider Smile
(03-30-2017, 05:51 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]PSX mode is still very WIP. Many games still have missing audio that isn't related to this issue at hand. Just something else to consider Smile

Heh, fair enough. I just ran into this and thought that if there is currently no plan to do so then surely someone should say so and make the need known before more than just I run into it.

Thanks for the input in any event!  Smile
Yeah, PCSX2 currently doesn't support playing CD tracks yet. But that's the least of the PS1 emulation issues. For now it's better to use a dedicated PS1 emulator if you want to play PS1 games on PC.