..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Bizarre fps drop in 60fps games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 runs fairly flawlessly on my system excepct for one nitpicking little thing where any game that runs at 60fps has this problem where the framerate drops and skips a bit intermittently in between about 1 minute increments and lasts for just 3 or so seconds. I have everything set to default settings with no enhancements to graphics or otherwise to keep the emulation accurate. Happens in both hardware and software modes.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(04-30-2017, 09:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

CPU - Core i3 @ 3.7 GHz
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
RAM - 8GB Dual Channel @ 1065 MHz
OS - Windows 10 pro 64-bit
PCSX2 Ver. - 1.4.0 (Latest Stable Release)

I'm using all default settings and safe presets. I play from ISO and this effects 60fps games like Sly Thevius Racoonus, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Medal of Honor frontline, Maximo Ghosts to Glory, Tekken 4, Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, etc. There's a clear distinction between the emulation's frame rate dropping and the intermittent hanging I'm experiencing.
(04-30-2017, 10:49 PM)mmm_comfy_bed Wrote: [ -> ]CPU - Core i3 @ 3.7 GHz
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
RAM - 8GB Dual Channel @ 1065 MHz
OS - Windows 10 pro 64-bit
PCSX2 Ver. - 1.4.0 (Latest Stable Release)

I'm using all default settings and safe presets. I play from ISO and this effects 60fps games like Sly Thevius Racoonus, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Medal of Honor frontline, Maximo Ghosts to Glory, Tekken 4, Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, etc.  There's a clear distinction between the emulation's frame rate dropping and the intermittent hanging I'm experiencing.

This is a problem with all GIT builds since sometime mid-March of last year. Stable 1.4.0 doesn't have this problem if you use GSDX OpenGL. I already reported the issue on Github, but no fix as of yet. It also seems that I'm not the only one to notice. I seriously hope they fix this before stable 1.6.0.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1437
(04-30-2017, 11:28 PM)THERAZORKILLE Wrote: [ -> ]This is a problem with all GIT builds since sometime mid-March of last year. Stable 1.4.0 doesn't have this problem if you use GSDX OpenGL. I already reported the issue on Github, but no fix as of yet. It also seems that I'm not the only one to notice. I seriously hope they fix this before stable 1.6.0.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1437

I still have the problem when using OpenGL in hardware or software.

EDIT: I also seem to have the same problem in the latest dev build as well.
It happens no matter what if you aren't in fullscreen. It also happens if you have a high refresh rate monitor. I have to set mine to 60 Hz or else I get stutters. Would any of these scenarios affect you?
(05-01-2017, 12:57 AM)THERAZORKILLE Wrote: [ -> ]It happens no matter what if you aren't in fullscreen. It also happens if you have a high refresh rate monitor. I have to set mine to 60 Hz or else I get stutters. Would any of these scenarios affect you?

No I use fullscreen and I have a 60hz monitor.
Do you set the GPU to Prefer MAX performance in the NVidia control panel?
(05-01-2017, 02:54 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Do you set the GPU to Prefer MAX performance in the NVidia control panel?

^ This... I remember getting not just stutters, but straight-up slowdowns if I didn't have my GPU set to Prefer Max Performance (and I have a 1080 so it was even more bizarre for me). If you haven't already, definitely give this a shot.
Nevermind, an error. Smile